Fourty;

• Dedicated to Chris

My family has been gone for two days and I didn't worry about them once, sure my dad called and I panicked only a little bit for those two days I completely forgotten about them. Harry has kept me occupied, but all fun and games and freedom comes to an end today because probably in a couple hours from now, Charlie and my dad will come home from their fishing trip.

It was 5:29 when I woke up with Harry's arm wrapped around me still and my nose buried in the crook of his neck. I didn't want to move, but I know I have to.

I look up at Harry's relaxed features and trace my fingers along his jawline, "Harry."

He didn't answer, his mouth only twitched. "Harry, wake up. I have to get back home now."

"No, just go back to sleep." He groans wrapping his arms around me even tighter.

I crack a smile. "I can't, my family is coming home today."

"Fuck," He loosens his grip on me wiping a hand over his tired eyes. "I forgot."

"Me too." I admit. "It was fun, huh? Going around and not worrying about my dad calling or popping out of nowhere."

"It could be like that everyday if you'd just tell him how you feel you know? You're turning eighteen...when are you turning eighteen?"

"Wednesday."

"Wednesday? Why didn't you say anything."

"You never asked."

He laughs shaking his head softly. "Well come this Wednesday you have to tell your dad Chloe, and I'm serious here."

"What am I supposed to say to him?"

"It doesn't matter because he can't control you anymore."

I roll my eyes and sit up climbing off of his bed. "Eighteen is just another number especially when you're still living with your parents, it doesn't matter if I'm a legal adult or not."

"You are making this harder than what it needs to be."

"It's not as easy as you think."

"It is, I might just show up at your doorsteps just to tell him myself."

"You wouldn't."

"If you don't want me to then stop acting like-"

"You know what? If I had enough courage as anyone else I'd do it, in a heartbeat but I'm not! I'm way too dependent on him and I know I shouldn't be but I am still scared of what he thinks of me and the choices I make! He has taught me everything Harry, everything and he has been my wheel for the pass eighteen years. If I wake up Wednesday and tell him about you, he'd be so disappointed in me and I don't want that because I'm already hiding something from him and it's killing me." I feel a tear roll down my cheek.

"Hey, hey," He gets out of the bed and walks up to me taking my face inbetween his hand and wiping away the stray tear. "What do you mean? I'm not the only thing you're keeping from your dad?"

"No," I sigh heavily. "You were right that night at the train tracks, dancing is pratically my entire life and I love it more than anything else. And I don't want to be some stupid psychiatrist, I just want to dance. It makes me happy."

"What did you do?"

"How'd you know I did something?"

"Because you wouldn't be telling me this if there was more to it."

"I...I applied to Julliard, I sent in a video and a letter. He doesn't know about it. He doesn't even know I still dance."

"Did they accept you? Chloe, this is pretty big." He says worriedly.