Twelve;

• Dedicated to Chris

I was excited. I couldn't help the wide smile that spread from cheek to cheek. My hair was tied up in a ponytail removing all of the hair from my face so nothing could get in the way of me dancing. I was in the studio, dressed and ready. I haven't danced in a space this big in forever, when I did the audition tape I had to do it in my bedroom. There was space, but none like this where I could do cartwheels, splits, and flips safely.

My mind went to Juilliard as I began to take my shoes off, then my socks. There still wasn't a letter. Well summer did just start a week ago, maybe I shouldn't give in so easily.

I stripped off my jacket and sweatpants leaving me in my spandex shorts and a sports bra and walked over to the stereo system and popped a CD in, the song was For The Love Of A Daughter by Demi. I press play and hear the first lyrics of the song and from that point on I do what I do best abd that was dance. I watched every step I made, I was a bit rusted because I haven't done this in a while but I pulled each move off better than I thought. I felt the familiar joy in my heart doing this. The lights were off except for the bright white light hanging just above the head creating a spotlight effect, everything was dark and all you see is me.

I danced to other songs, not by Demi but other artist's hits like Beautiful by Christina and Crazier by Taylor Swift. I smiled breathing heavily at the end of it all, I found myself doing numerous twirls all from happiness. I screamed seeing a figure leaning against the wall. I squint my eyes seeing a curly haired top.

"Harry?! You scared the shit out of me, what the hell are you doing here?"

He chuckles and steps into the spotlight and looks me over. "Locking it up for a friend my ass."

I felt my cheeks heat up. "Why are you here?"

"I'm looking for you."

"Why?"

"There's something I need to show you, you'll like it." He motions his head to the door. "It's just outside of town."

"No." I deny quickly taking a step back.

"No?"

"Yes."

"So yes?"

"What? No, yes as in no." I put my hands on my hips as he slowly made his way over to me. "Didn't we agree to stay away from each other?"

"I never said that, all I did was leave out that door." He glances at the only door in this studio.

"I'm still not going." I turn around and walk to the stereo taking out my CD. "I don't even know your last name and you think I'm going to let you take me miles away from my home and out of this town so you can show me something?"

"Styles."

"What?" I ask turning to face him again.

"My last name is Styles."

I sigh and look away, I wanted to smile so badly because he thought that I'd actually give in if he told me his last name.

"Well Harry Styles, sorry but no." I turn around and put the CD back into its case, I turn back around and Harry is biting his lip at me.

"What?" I didn't like the way he was looking at me.

He grins. "The best part about watching you dance is watching you dance...in those clothes, if that's what you could even call it."

I gasp covering myself up and run over to my jacket and sweats that I left on the floor. I have been standing like this in front of him for at least five minutes. Oh my goodness.