Fifty Five;

• Dedicated to Chris

Curiosity was starting to settle in as I lied there bored hearing his shower running, the only thoughts going through my mind was poor Harry.

I slowly sat up and looked around the room, I noticed he didn't have any pictures or anything that looks like it could have sentimental value. No pictures, no books, or jewelry. Just a bed, a dresser with nothing on the surface, and a TV.

My assumptions are there were just too many bad memories back in New England and he already couldn't get his mind away from it; bringing valuables would only trigger them more.

There was a knock at the front door, I just sat there not sure if I should answer it or not.

I decided against it and instead walked over to the bathroom and knocked. "Harry?"

"Come in." He calls out. I open the door but stay outside keeping my head behind the door not wanting to see anything.

"Someone's at the door."

There was a long pause, I was actually thinking about peeking my head in and repeat myself but all of a sudden his head pokes around the other side of the door.

"Who?" He rubs a hand down the sides of his wet face that was being dripped on by the water from his hair.

"I don't know."

"Why are you blushing?"

"Huh? I'm not." I slightly turn away letting the hair hide my face.

"It wouldn't have to do with me being naked behind this door, would it?" He grins knowingly. "I don't know why you're still so shy around me, we fool around almost every time you come here and we have seen each other."

"I know. There's someone at your door." I repeat.

He laughs licking his already wet lips. "Go answer it, I gotta finish washing my hair...wanna help?"

I roll my eyes and turn around hearing him laugh before closing the bathroom door. I shake my head going up to the front door. Despite the fact that I was in three inch heels, I still couldn't manage to see through the peephole.

I swung the door opened and smile seeing a familiar face. "Oh hey Sam."

"Hey Chloe, I had a feeling you'd be here."

I blush glancing away. "Uhm Harry's in the shower, I'm sure he won't mind if you come in and sit until he gets out."

I step to the inside initiating him in, but he stayed still and only gave me a warming smile. "Thank you, but I'm pretty sure he would mind. The last time I talked to him we got in an argument."

"Oh."

"Does he tell you anything? Anything personal?"

I think back to our conversation from minutes ago. "Yeah."

"So you know about his father."

"Yeah." I answer again.

He shakes his head. "I didn't know what the hell he was doing, if I did I would've beat the hell out of him for cheating on a good woman. If anything I feel the exact same way Harry feels now, because of his father Harry is pissed off at me and won't even let me apologize on his father's behalf,"

I stood there managing to keep eye contact with every word he said, he was ranting and I don't even think he realized it. He probably just wanted to get it out.

"And a few days ago when you guys were at dinner I saw him leave and I tried to talk to him, but damnet he's too stubborn. I wish he'd let go of the pass and give me a chance like an uncle deserves. I don't think I did anything wrong."