Sixty Six;

• Dedicated to Chris

My door swings open when I pull my boots on my feet, Charlie rushes in. "Harry's at the door, is he going to stay here for a while?"

"No, we're going out together. I didn't know you liked him."

"Free lollipops? Of course I like him."

I smile shaking my head as she leaves back out the door. My hair was down in loose curls, but I wore a scrunchie around my wrist just in case they'd bother me later. And I wore my shorts and bralet that I gor from Forever 21 yesterday with my boots.

"Are you going to keep an eye on her? I could care less about what happens to you, but you aren't going to hurt my little girl."

"Oh, please Marty. I thought we were warming up to each other."

I hear all the way from downstairs, I recognize the other familiar voice as Harry. I walk out and stand at the top of the stairs listening closely, I should probably go down and save Harry's ass, but he has literally blown me off these pass couple of days. I just want to hear if he's still even interested in putting up a fight with my father for me.

"Harry, I'm serious."

"Nothing's gonna happen to her, I'll be with her all night." Harry's tone turns serious.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"If you knew all the shit I've done for her, then you'd trust me entirely."

"What could you possible have done for her? Look at you, how dare you show up at my doorsteps with holes in your damn clothes? You don't even have the decency to do your hair. Do you think that you deserve my daughter? Some street rat, with a low pay job?" My father begins to whisper harshly to him.

I stomp down the stairs making my presence known, I see Harry standing there. My father smiles looking back at me not noticing the irritated look on my face.

"Hey sweet-"

He goes to kiss my forehead, but I quickly step around him and go to Harry wrapping my arms around his neck and burying my head in the side of his face. I didn't expect him to, but he wrapped his around my waist and pulls me closer to his body.

I'm tired of my father being judgemental and rude, Harry dresses and acts different and he isn't interested in the things other guys may be interested in, but he's still a human being. Insulting him, saying I don't deserve him, and etcetera urks me. I don't know what else to say to convince him that Harry doesn't need to dress in a suit and tie, or have a high pay job, or do his fucking hair. Who cares? I don't.

"I missed you." I breathe in his neck.

He pulls away taking my face between his hands studying my features. "I know...are you ready to go?"

I tried to keep up with the mood I was in despite the fact that he didn't even say the same words back to me. He barely even ackowledged them.

I nod regardless. "Yeah."

"Chloe, wait," I roll my eyes before turning around seeing my father still standing there. "Be safe."

"I will." I reply closing the door behind me and follow Harry to his car.

No kiss, no words, and barely even a glance as we both get inside the car. I buckle myself in and look forward as he turns the radio on a low volume and starts driving.

I haven't seen or heard from him in two days, and I'm finally sitting right next to him and he says nothing. I understand conversation works both ways, but the things I wanted to say would probably only annoy him.