Thirty Four;

• Dedicated to Chris

I ran up to the door hoping my assumptions were wrong. I stood on the tip of my toes to look through the peephole, Harry was leaning against the rail of my front porch with his head down.

I swung the door open, "What are you doing here? I told you not to come by anymore."

"Well hello to you too." He says sarcastically waltzing up to the front door.

"Harry." I say in a serious tone of voice.

He shrugs and brushes pass me stepping into my home causing my eyes to widen at his sudden bold move. "I just felt like coming over, I hope you don't mind."

Harry turns around in a slow circle gazing throught my home and seemed to nod in approval.

"I do actually."

"I heard your dad is out of town." He states facing me.

"Yeah, he is. I thought you were mad at me."

"I'm not mad, I just think that you should deal with your own family troubles."

My mind washes to my mother. "I am."

It stays silent between us for a second or two, just the two of us watching each other waiting for the other to say something else.

I sigh heavily and put my hands on my hips. "You can stay for a little while, we can watch some shows or somwthing."

"In your room?"

"The living room." I fight back a laugh as his short amount of excitement drains.

He pouts playfully walking up to me and pulls me close to him by hooking his arm around waist. He looks at me for a moment before leaning in brushing his nose against mine and then kisses me.

It was so sweet and simple, I just couldn't stop myself from wrapping my arms around his neck and running my fingers through his hair.

"How long will your parents be gone?"

"Huh?" I arch an eyebrow at the use of the word 'parents' instead of dad. I shake my head and answer, "He's gone for the weekend. Why?"

He smiles with mischief. "Because I had a whole lot of plans that we could do."

Without warning his firm hands cup my bottom giving it a hard squeeze, I yelp with surprise as he begins to laugh.

I scoff pushing him away. "Can we just watch TV please?"

He follows me into the living room and decides to sit down not waiting for an invitation and instantly picks up the remote looking for something to watch.

There's a difference here, when I came to his house I was very solitary and courteous. But, of course when he comes to my home he's very upfront, he always is.

I sit down beside him at least a foot away and when he finally puts it on a show, he scoots over closer to me, wraps his arm around my shoulder, and leans back pulling me against him.

For no apparent reason, I found the wholes in his jeans a lot more interesting than the boring TV show about cars.

"Chloe, what are you doing?" He asks.

I realize that I was actually tinkling with the strings of the ripped part instead of just looking at it like I thought I was.

I pull my hands away. "S-Sorry, I got distracted."

"It's fine, but I would prefer it if you played with my-"

"Do you want something to drink?" I stop him from finishing his sentence and stand up.