Twenty One;

• Dedicated to Chris

"Is this what you do all day?" I ask speaking through the silence. I was sitting on one end of the couch, with Harry on the other. I placed myself here because being alone with him was already suffocating enough, I needed some type of space. The TV was off and the only light that was on was the one here, in the living room.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean just sit here, in the dark with the TV turned off."

He looks around and purses his lips. "No, but why would I have the TV on when just looking at you all nervous and what not is entertaining enough?"

Calling me out on how nervous I was didn't help my nerves at all. I looked down at my fingers, fidgeting with them.

"I think it's cute." He adds.

"Uhm, can we at least listen to music?"

"Will it calm you down?" He gets up and walks to a bookcase where there was a stereo system on one of the shelves.

"I think so."

He furrows his eyebrows looking at a CD. "This shit could be peaceful, I don't know."

He sticks it into the stereo, presses a button and turns up the volume. Piano music began to feel my ears and just like that I felt my muscles relax and with a sigh so did the rest of my body.

Harry sits down, but this time right beside me holding his brown leather journal in his hand.

"I didn't know you liked piano music."

"Oh I don't, but sometimes I buy CDs for no reason without even looking at the label. You never know when you're gonna need it, like now. Look at you, you're already relaxing."

I laugh and tuck a stray hair behind my ear. "Why do you have your journal? Is there another one in there I can read."

"Not yet, maybe next time but you have to come back here if you want to."

"Are you bribing me?"

"Call it what you want." He smiles licking his lips, at this point being so close to my face made me want to lean in and kiss him and I don't know if he was thinking exactly what I was thinking, but his eyes told me he wanted to kiss me too.

I clear my throat and continue the conversation. "So urm, what's up with the journal if you don't want me to read it?"

"I wanted to know what you thought about the Swan Song? Do you remember it?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I remember. I thought it was beautifully written, but I couldn't help but to think that you wanted me to read it for a reason."

"I did."

"Why?"

"Because I'm trying to get my point across and no offense but you seem so stubborn and you get so offended with the things that I say, so I just thought that since you like reading then you'd let a poem help you to comprehend what I'm trying to say to you."

I looked across the room trying to remember some of the words from the poem and was successful at it.

"So I'm going to ask you again, what did you think about it?"

I sigh. "I could definitely relate to it and I do not agree that you took that approach to get it through my head, but still."

"I read it and I thought of you." He admits putting an arm behind me and around my waist.

"How thoughtful."

"UM?"

"Huh?"

"Veronica said something about UM at the party."