[ 2 ] ONE-SIDED LOVE.

PARACOSM

JJK | ONE-SIDED LOVE.

mina's POV

so this is how my love life is going to be for the rest of my life, isn't it? i have always been in love with the wrong person, and end up being hurt. anyway, hello, my name is mina, a student in flower boys bangtan highschool. i have a crush on this guy named jeon jungkook, one of the popular guys in the school.

"mina? hello? earth to mina?" my best friend, park jimin, exclaims as he waves a hand in front of my face. i snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him.

"yeah? sorry, what were you saying?" i asked.

"i wasn't talking. class if over, and you're crying." he pointed out, and i quickly wiped my tears away.

jimin sighed. "is this about jungkook again?" he has always known everything about me. he has been my best friend since we were kids, but i'm not complaining. he's been a great friend to me.

"you need to try and forget about him. i know this will be hard, but you have to try." jimin pleaded, holding my hands. i've never heard him talk in a serious tone before, so this was pretty shocking to me.

"i'm sorry, chim. but it's hard forgetting about a crush who is your best friend," i said, emphasizing the last word. i then hear the voice i loved so much.

"jimin! i have something to tell you!" i turned my head and saw jungkook. he has a happy face, and i'm pretty sure that happy smile was going to hurt me.

"oh, jungkook. c-come in," jimin stuttered, looking at me. i didn't say anything, only smiling at jungkook. "what were you going to say?"

"remember jieun? the girl i talked to you about?" jungkook asks eagerly. right, he has a crush as well. jieun is the famous girl in school, and i'm pretty sure every guy has a crush on her. i have always hoped jungkook doesn't like her, but he does.

"hmm? what about her?" jimin asks curiously.

"i asked her out, and she said yes!" jungkook exclaims excitedly, smiling widely. my eyes widened. my heart felt like bullets have been shot right through.

"h-huh? o-oh, wow, congrats!" jimin tried to sound excited about jungkook, but of course, he failed. jungkook wasn't dense, too.

"why aren't you happy for me?" jungkook asks, tilting his head a bit. jimin looks at me, like he's waiting for my permission to say something. i nodded, and he turns to jungkook.

"sh-she likes you." jimin says, pointing at me. it was now jungkook's turn to have his eyes wide.

"wh-what?" jungkook says. "th-that's true?" i nodded, looking away from jungkook's face.

"i didn't want to tell you b-because i know you don't like me back. i know you have always liked jieun, so i never tried confessing to you. i always avoid you because of this reason." i explained, wiping my tears away. jungkook still looked shocked.

"mina, i'm sorry. i really am. i really don't want you to feel hurt, i really do." jungkook says, and i could only give him a small smile.

"i know. it's f-fine. i just... need time alone." i said, and left the classroom.