Fifty six

Aaliyah's POV

"I want you, so fucking bad," Gray groans into my ear. I bit my bottom lip as i feel the pleasure growing between my legs. I felt him getting bigger and bigger by the second. I craved him.

"You have me," i reply kissing on his neck leaving love bites here and there. He grinds up against me and i let out a moan. He grips onto my waist pushing himself harder against me making the pleasure more exhilarating. As he was about to unbutton my pants, we were interrupted by a phone call.

Grayson sighs settling down besides me on the bed and puts his face in the pillow annoyed. I get up and answer the phone to an anonymous number; this better be good.

Or bad.

"Hello is this Aaliyah Montaneo?" the voice asks.

"She is speaking."

"I'm sad to announce Butera Montaneo has passed away at 11:10pm from internal bleeding. My regards to you and your family. You are welcome to come visit her in the hospital before things are taken care of," i subtly thank the supposed doctor and end the phone call.

I felt weak in my knees and i just collapse on the side of the bed. Grayson notices and quickly comes to my aid.

"Baby what's wrong?" he says holding me in his arms. I couldn't speak as i felt my throat swell up and i could barely look at him. I just felt pain in my chest. Grayson was holding me up by my shoulders trying to get a look at me. I wasn't even crying, nothing was coming out.

Grayson read my actions and put my mother on the phone. He knew what was going on by now. He gently picked me up and carried me bridal style into the car and drove me to the hospital. We didn't talk the entire car ride, he knew i wasn't in the mood. I just kept looking out the window and Grayson's hand was squeezing my left thigh. I would see him occasionally looking over at me and him telling me he loves me and that he's here for me.

—————

I ran into my mom's arms as we reached the hospital. She wasn't in the best condition either, her eyes were red and the dark circles underneath her eyes were visible.

Grayson greeted both my mom and dad. My dad took Grayson down to the cafeteria so that mom and i could have some privacy. He didn't want to leave me at first but realised i would be okay with my mom.

We took a seat in the room that was once my grandmother's. The room was cold, empty and soulless. Just a few days ago there was nothing but laughter and joy in this very spot. My mom and i cried in eachother's arms for what felt like hours. We talked about the memories and regrets we had.

I guess that's what always came with a lost loved one; there will always be regret. Whether it was you wished you spent more time with them, getting along with them or just simply being involved in their life. My mom agreed she would try to spend more time with me, or at least talk to me. I told her i understood that she works because of me and the bills that needed to be paid. I had it easy, and it was because my parents built a foundation that was easy for me to just take from.

Shortly we heard the door open and everyone came in. My dad, Grayson, Ethan, their parents, Cameron and Amy. We sat in silence and just appreciated one another.

Amy and i were sitting on the floor next to each other while everyone else was either sitting on the bed or on a chair. I lean over and whisper into her ear.

"Have you been okay? I don't want to lose you either Amy, i love you remember that."

I see her swallow her saliva as the gulp in her throat disappears. She forces a smile before turning her head to look at me.

"I love you Ally, you're like my sister. I can't imagine leaving you."

You see, Amy has lived a fairly sad life. Her parents were divorced and both walked out on her leaving her an orphan. She was adopted shortly but that didn't mean the pain of abandonment wasn't going to go away. She was severely bullied before i met her in freshmen year. She would come home having a new bruise on her body or injury from 'sport'.

She had recently been going through some abuse from her father, not to mention the one that left her 13 years ago. He came back to LA in hopes of searching for her which he did, but she's currently here in New Jersey which he can't do anything about - which was a perfect time to visit the boys here. Her dad just needed money. He was an alcoholic, drug-addicted shame for a father.

If i had not walked in to visit Amy at her apartment that one night, i think she would be with my grandma right now.

No, Ethan does not know. Amy wants to wait until she's ready to tell him. Ethan obviously isn't going to let what her 'father' has done go, and i've done a pretty good damn job of getting Grayson to shut his mouth. I can tell it's really hard for him to do because Ethan SHOULD know, but its not his or my place to say.

Amy's dad has been verbally abusing her over the phone while she's been here in New Jersey. Ethan's been suspicious because she's been acting cautious of her phone lately but he trusts her enough to let it go.

"We should stop moping about. Grandma wouldn't want us to feel this way.." i say softly. Everyone's head in the room turned to look at me, and dearly quite shocked. I was the last person they would think to hear that come from my mouth. They were right, but i'm also right about the fact that sitting around doing nothing was going to help.

I felt emotionless, but i had to keep being strong for everyone else's sake.