Rivals' true friendship (pt. 1)

This was requested by Box_Of_Butterflies, this caught my eye once I came back to check on wattpad. I hope you enjoy!

Grian was sitting beside his telescope, curled up in a sitting position. He wasn't in a mood to talk to anyone, especially Mumbo and Iskall.... since.... they had a fight.

~~~flash back~~~

One busy afternoon.... it really wasn't going well for the architects, it seems that they had an argument with Grian. It all started with Iskall joking around about having a reason to keep Grian in Sahara as entertainment.

Of course Grian didn't think about it that much until one day he wanted to check around the redstone work that Iskall and Mumbo did for the past couple of weeks. He tried his best to be careful not to break anything.

But just by touching the glass for one second, the glass block immediately disappeared and water spilled around some parts of the redstone, making a mess. Grian who was surprised by this, was also surprised when Mumbo and Iskall coincidentally arrived at the scene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I told you, I only touched the glass for one second, it was impossible for me to break it!" Grian tried defending himself. "Let's be honest here Gri, it really took us a freaking amount of time to make this redstone" defended Mumbo back.

"You see Grian, when I said we finally found a reason to keep you in Sahara, I really meant it." Iskall said sternly. "Where you CAN'T-RUIN-ANY-redstone!" He complained.

"FOR THE LAST TIME, I DIDN'T EVEN BREAK IT!!" Grian yelled. "All I did was look around the redstone, checking if there is enough space! So that I could have built more space for the contraptions and make the warhouse a little better!"

"GRIAN, EVERYTHING WAS ALRIGHT TILL YOU RUINED IT!! WHY DID WE EVEN LET YOU BUILD WITH US ANYWAY?! KNOWING THAT YOUR A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPENED!!" Iskall yelled at him.

"Iskall please stop shouting at him, it was just an accident" Mumbo said, trying to calm down the hermit. "Wait, you also think that I broke the glass?" Grian asked Mumbo.

Mumbo sighed "Knowing you Gri, you can be a bit of a bother to us. Especially the dancing parrots and music and stuff...." Mumbo replied..... leaving the three in an awkward silence.

Grian looked at them both and sighed, walking towards the exit. "If I'm really a bother to the Architects, then maybe I shouldn't have made this group if you two didn't want me around...." He said with a hint of sadness in his voice and left the building....

Mumbo felt kinda hurt by those words he said, joining the Architects was a great thing that happened even if he was a spoon.... Iskall walked to the redstone, trying to fix but was too annoyed to fix it.

~~~end of flashback~~~

Grian didn't even wanna move from the telescope, even if he was in an uncomfortable position, he never cared........ why did he even made the Architects anyway?....... there really was nothing to accomplish from that aside from diamonds.... but who cares anyway..... he just wanted to be alone for a while......

.................................................................................................................

"Hey G, you ok?" Grian flinched as he felt two hands on his shoulders. He looked up to see Scar and Cub infront of him, their faces were full of concern and worry.... great, so much for being alone....

"What happened to you? You look like a mess, did you stress yourself again?" Cub asked the blonde hermit. But Grian shook his head. "Didn't get enough sleep? Feeling ill? Lost one of your cats?" Grian glared at Cub after that last statement.

Causing Scar to punch his shoulder "How rude, especially since your talking to two people who love their cats so much" Scar complained as Cub held his painful shoulder. "Sorry"

"But really Grian, what's wrong?" Scar asked again. But Grian ignored the question. "Grian, whether were rivals or not, we're still the hermits of hermitcraft. And we're friends, no rivalry can stop us from helping a friend, so it's ok to tell us what's wrong." Cub reasons the blonde hermit..... Grian soon gave up defeat and told them what happened.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Am I allowed to kill them? Mostly Iskall?" Cub asked for permission with his potion of poison at the ready. But Scar took the potion from him and punched his shoulder again. "THEY CAN FREAKING RESPAWN!!"

"Whether they respawn or not, that won't solve the problem" Scar complained. Cub was about to speak before Grian interrupted. "To be honest, I'm not sure if anything can solve the problem.... even if it means troubling you two".........

"Grian, I'll say this once and I'll say it again. It's ok to tell us about your problems, and we can help you deal with it" Scar replied as he hugs Grian ever so gently. Cub too joined the hug, although not use to hugging as a trio.

Grian slightly smiled, returning back the hug. "I guess so......" Cub then let go of the hug and started smirking a little bit. "Besides, if you just sit there and weep, I won't be able to to try the elytra course soon." Cub said as a joke.

Grian stands up and puts his hand on his chest. "Oh how cruel, all you want is the elytra course, not having a single concern to this poor hermit." Grian said dramatically and jokingly, pretending to be hurt.

The three laughed at their shenanigans and just hanged out with Grian till the sun started setting. Cub and Scar had to finish a few projects and suggested to accompany him to his base......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After they left, Grian fell through the hole and landed near his infinity room...... remembering those ridiculous meetings with the other two architects...... he still couldn't believe that they didn't want him around anymore (this is a misunderstanding).

He didn't have the heart to be annoyed with them, he was annoying himself too..... but no matter, he might talk to them if they had the chance..... but it's not the most likely to happen.

Soon he left his base and flew the direction of Impulse's place.

~~~The next morning~~~

Mumbo landed near the entrance and admired the proud work they made for the past months. It really wouldn't have happened without Grian inviting him to join. But now...... Grian quitting....... does this mean Architects was over?

Will the Sahara project never be finished? Are we just gonna fall out? Is there no need for me to come back and fix this place no more? Grian started all of this Architect stuff, will he just go back to being just solo Mumbo Ju- "MUMBO?!"

A swedish hermit yelled and landed near the mustache hermit. "We need to talk......"

~~~Scar's rocket station~~~

Scar was continuing to put the extra details for the train station while Cub was just sitting on his tiny Con Corp helicopter...... Scar soon realized that Cub was glaring at something or someone from the distance.

It was Mumbo and Iskall, having a little discussion at the meeting room. Scar finally knew why Cub was glaring at them. "Are you sure I can't kill them?" Cub asked, holding his sword.

"For the third time Cub, no!" Scar frustratingly sighed. "Can we at least scold them a bit? Joe can't just be the only parent figure in the server." He begged, flying down to the platform. "I guess so, but I'm not agreeing to killing them."

~~~~To be continued~~~~

I'm sorry if I haven't uploaded in almost two weeks I think..... I lost count. But I'll try to make up for the time, especially since I have something in mind for my next update. ;)

See you beneath the
Moonlight
Ladies and gents ;)