Enter the Flame 2

~~~Scar's POV~~~
~~~Halloween District~~~

I stared back at my majestic Frankenstein castle in all its beauty. I continued to finish the final details on my green, murky waterfall. And alas, it was time to take a break!

"Meoww~"

A little feline nudged my leg, finally getting my attention. "Aww, were you waiting for Daddy?" I cooed, picking up Jellie onto my arms. I gave her a little kiss on the head before carrying her down towards the Halloween village.

"Why don't we go and hang out back at our volcano? It's warm and comfy there." I playfully lifted Jellie up in the air, giving her a little hug. Her constant meows suddenly faded when I sizzling sound was heard at the distance.

Smoke seemed to appear from where the portal was located. As soon as we arrived a small bond fire appeared of view.... An unfamiliar figure stood there, motionless. Something bright white slowly turned black as it burned in the flames.

Wai-hold on.... That was Cub, burning his coat? "Oh Cub, didn't recognize you. Usually you wear that lab coat of yours, how come your burning it?" I asked.

He looked back at me, eyes unexpectedly mixed red and orange, like fire burned in his pupils. "I don't know.... Never really liked it. I don't even remember enjoying this lab coat...." He mumbled.

I stood beside him, confused. What did he mean remember enjoying it? When I looked back at the fire, his coat wasn't the only thing burning. There were diamonds rusting from the heat, worned out pictures dissolving into nothing.

"Cub.... W-Why are you burning these?" I stuttered, a bit shocked at his strange behavior.

"I don't really enjoy them that much, I can't even remember having these.... In fact... Do I know you?"

My heart froze from that question, my body was now trembling all of the sudden. "I-Its me, Scar... We've been p-partners since season-5.." I smiled nervously, but Cub's expression was still confused. "Scar? I don't remember Xisuma adding a new hermit, are you sure I know you?"

I....was utterly speechless.... I nearly forgotten that Jellie was still here as I accidentally let go of her. "Hmm, I'm pretty sure I work solo in Concorp.... Maybe your a friend of Grian's or something!" I exclaimed it like he just figured out all the puzzle pieces together.

"Oh well." He replied. Went back to getting more pictures from his pocket, throwing them all in the fire. One picture was....him...and Cub....but now it seems that he doesn't even remember me...

I held back my tears, trying not to break down. Fortunately I didn't.... But I couldn't utter a single thing....I felt mute, shocked, scared....

~~~Cub's POV~~~

*Click*

Suddenly my mind felt confused. Where am I? Why am I at the Halloween district? And why i-..... "Scar, are you okay? Why do you look like your about cry?" I stared questionably at the hermit, standing there traumatized.... But how his expression turned into rage caught me off guard.

"Wha- What do you mean I'm okay?! You just BURNED-EVERYTHING-YOU-CARED!! EVEN THE PICTURES OF ME?!!"

Now I felt even more confused than before. Soon enough I was staring at the bond fire, watching a few of the items and...is that my lab coat?! "Hey, why is my coat th-"

*Click*

.....I went back to get more random paper from my inventory, throwing it into the flames. " Oh hey, your Scar correct?--- why do you look mad at me?" I asked.

The man named Scar looked like he was about to blow, glaring furiously at me. "IS THIS A JOKE?! IF IT IS CUB THEN IT'S NOT FUNNY?!!" He threw his hat in the ground out of pure rage. "What joke? What are you talking about?" I asked again.

Scar gritted his teeth, already losing his patience with me. "You know what? I don't care what you think! Just talk to me once your done burning my friendship for you away for some stupid prank!"

He grabbed his hat from the ground and disappeared through the portal in unwitty rage...... Leaving me with his cat?

"Ummm, hey kitty?"

~~~~~To be continued~~~~~

May your night
Shine like the moonlight
Ladies and gents! ;)
-Keichi Akechi