Welcome to the world baby Derek Bailey Shepherd

Everyone flooded the room later that night to see the baby. Mark and Lexie were the first ones in.

" where's the baby I wanna see mini derek."

" Mark he looks like his mom"

" well hopefully he has your other features." He winked at me.

" MARK!"

" hey nothing to be ashamed of here."

" MARK SHUT UP!"

" alright alright let me see my nephew."

He came up to me after he passed the baby to everyone else.

" congrats man I'm so happy for you."

" thanks man."

" it's a shame we can't put the baby to good use to pick up chicks."

" yeah what a shame."

" I'm serious derek congrats you have everything you've ever wanted."

I looked at mer, Zola, the baby and everyone else in the room. " yeah I do and hey so do you."

" almost."

" what do you mean."

" Lexie"

" go get her man"

" she doesn't want me."

" but you'll never know if you don't try will ya."

He just stared at them.

" mmhmm. Come on let's go see the baby."

Owen came into the room " congrats guys I'm so happy for you. I just hope one day I'll have a family just like yours"

We all looked at cristina. " what?"

" Owen you can't force her into it some people aren't meant to be moms or dads." I said putting a hand on his shoulder as I made my rounds with the baby. Everyone left leaving me and mer with the kids. She started to yawn.

" Derek take Zola home and come back in the morning and take some of these baby gifts with you two please."

" alright, zo grab your stuff and say goodbye to your mommy and brother."

I did the same " love you. I'll see you in the morning" I said to meredith. We headed home and I was to excited to get an ounce of sleep.