What do i tell her

" not alone, you're not telling any of them alone." Jackson said.
I walked over to Meredith. Cristina and Owen were standing by my side and everyone else followed close behind. Everyone was staring at the floor.
" what's going on you guys?" Mer asked.
" Meredith umm we have to talk to you." I said
" oh no. No no no Derek please no don't tell me that.." She couldn't finish her sentence she started to cry. I tried to continue but I couldn't so I just stared at the floor.
" mer we did everything we possibly could. None of us wanted to call but we had to." Alex continued.
" what does that mean?!" Mer asked through her tears. I started to walk away but they stopped me.
" she needs you most now." Alex said.
" I'm sorry but we couldn't save her. Lexie is gone meredith. We couldn't save her." Owen said. Everyone looked up at the same time. I walked over to Meredith with my arms out. She stopped me.
" no. No. No no Derek just no."
I put my arms down as tears filled my eyes.
" Mer come on.." Alex said
" Mer don't blame him.." Jackson said
" she can't do this to him." April said.
" Derek are you okay?" Owen asked
" yeah I'm fine, just fine. I need to go talk to Mark."
" we can come with." Bailey said
" no it's okay really I've got it. Jackson come with." Mark has been staying in an on- call room so he could be here with Lexie. We knocked on the door and he let us in.
" there's my two favorite men!" He yelled. Jackson and I looked at each other.
" what?" He asked
" Mark.. Sit down." I said
" why?"
" Sloan just sit." Jackson said
" Jackson whats going on?" Mark asked but Jackson was speechless. " Derek?"
" Mark we took Lexie in for surgery, we opened her up everywhere and tried to find the problem. By the time Cristina found the tear in the aorta it was too late. We tried to save her but the sutures wouldn't hold. The aorta was destroyed. We couldn't save her Mark I'm so sorry we did everything we could."
" what are you saying here guys?"
" she's gone Mark, Lexie's gone." Jackson said.
" no she can't be because you see I can deal with being a single father. It's too much Sofia, Elizabeth. I just can't do it I'm sorry. I need Lexie. She promised she would never leave. I can't do this without her and I won't."
Finally realizing what he was saying I spoke up.
" Mark.."
" no Derek you don't understand she promised she would never leave. I gotta go I can't do this without her."
" Mark where are you going?" Jackson asked
" MARK!" I yelled down the hallway when he didn't answer. We went to go find Callie. She was with everyone else in the attending a lounge.
" did you find Mark?" She asked
" yeah." Jackson said
" how'd it go? Is he okay?"
" it didn't go so well, he's not okay." I said
" what does that mean?" Owen asked
" Callie, Arizona we need to talk to you." Jackson said. They came out into the hall with us.
" what's going on Derek? Where's Mark?" Callie asked
" spill it Avery." Arizona said.
" guys just listen." Jackson said
" Mark, he's gone."
" what does that mean?" Callie asked
" he got the news. Said he can't deal with the girls, that it was all too much. He said Lexie promised never to leave him. Said he couldn't do this alone."
" so what, he's giving up on being a father?" Callie asked pissed.
" I don't know I'm sorry." I said
" we need to find Mark."