Tragedy part 2

I haven't slept in a over 24 hours. It's not fun having family in the hospital nonetheless operating on them. Lexie was holding on tight on a thin rope. Elizabeth was doing the same and Mark was hanging on but i felt he was fighting harder than he should have been. When I went into Mark's room everyone was standing around.
" what's going on?" I asked
" he's awake." Mer said.
" Derek?" I heard a groggy voice call.
" welcome back you son of a bitch, don't try to pull that on me again."
" sorry bud didn't mean to scare everyone."
We all giggled.
" umm do I want to know how my daughter and lex is?" He asked
" Robbins..." I said
" Elizabeth is hanging on. She's awake. We just have to keep an eye on her." Arizona said.
" okay so Lexie is alright but she isn't awake yet so we have to keep an eye on her." I told him.
" oh god I can't do this without her." Mark started to cry.
" Mark you can, you have." Callie said.
" Mark she's going to be okay she'll be fine." Meredith said tearing up " I promise." She whispered.
Everyone turned to look at her shocked.
" Meredith..." Cristina said.
Everyone looked shocked.
" rest up we'll come back later." I said as I walked out. Everyone followed.
" what's the problem?" Meredith asked.
" you promised him that his wife would be okay after a car accident! You promised that she would be okay after a surgery! You promise that she would be okay when she's still in critical care! You promised she'd be okay when she's not even awake! You promised she would be okay when you shouldn't have promised him anything! We don't promise anything to anyone! This is on you if something goes wrong. Not us. You. You made the promise. You stepped out of line. You shouldn't have said anything Meredith." I was yelling quietly. She started to tear up.
" I'm sorry." She said
" don't say sorry to us just don't say anything at all. Go home Meredith." I said walking away.
" DEREK!" She yelled after me.
" he's right mer. Go home then come back and come as a visitor not a doctor." Cristina said as we all walked away.
We all met up in the attending lounge.
" so what are we gonna do?" Arizona asked.
" we wait." I said
" we can't just sit around and wait to see what happens." Cristina said
" but there's nothing we can do." Callie said.
" I'm gonna go watch Elizabeth, keep an eye on her." Arizona said walking out.
" I'll come with you." Alex said.
" me too." Jo followed.
" I'm gonna go keep an eye on Mark." Cristina said.
" we'll come with." Jackson and April followed her out.
My pager went off. 911.
" what is it Derek?" Hunt asked.
I looked up. I felt nauseous.
" Lexie." I said. I ran out of the lounge and passed everyone else who was heading for Mark or Elizabeth.
" what's going on?" Jo asked.
" 911. Lexie." Callie said. They all ran after us. We passed Mark's room. Meredith came out into the hall.
" WHATS GOING ON?!" She called down the hall. " DEREK?" We kept running. We got to her room. Nurses were pumping on her chest.
" what happened." I asked
" we don't know she just started coding."
" GET ME AN ULTRASOUND. PAGE MY SISTER!"
" Derek what's going on?"
" check her head!"
" what?"
" CHECK HER HEAD AMY!"
" there's nothing."
" what?"
" the problem isn't her head Derek."
" what does that mean?" Jo asked
" means something else is wrong."
" so what do we do?"
" exploratory surgery. I need everybody, every single specialty in that OR." We rushed her into the OR as we still pumped on her chest. This I was hoping was going to work.