Welcome back Addison.

Mer and I went to work earlier than usual because our pagers kept going off. Everybody was called to the ER.
I texted Addison telling her I wouldn't make it to the airport.
Me: hey, I'm glad you're here so you can talk to mark but I just got paged. A car will be there in an hour to pick you up.
A: no problem I'll see you soon
" what's going on?" Meredith asked Owen
" bus accident tipped over in the rain."
" do we know how many people?" I asked
" no all we know is that it was a coach bus."
" so possibly over a hundred people." Mer said
" yeah possibly." Owen said
We waited until those doors opened and the EMTs started yelling numbers and injuries at us. Hunt was standing still.
" Hunt you're chief this is your show now run it!" I yelled.
" okay I need the trauma rooms filled as much as we can and I need all non- emergency people in the halls. Come on people I need all the room I can get. let's move!" Everyone started to run around.
" DEREK!" Mer called " I need you over here for a consult!"
" okay I'll be there in a second." I grabbed gloves.
" SHEPHERD!" I turned to see Karev waving me over and then Mer came out to get me.
" Who do I need to see first?"
" my guy he's unconscious." Karev said
" mine is gonna by unconscious if he doesn't see him now."
" Karev how are your guys vitals?"
" almost steady."
" Mer?"
" plummeting. You gotta get in here!"
" where's my sister? Where's the other Dr. shepherd?!" I yelled running into the trauma room. He started to seize.
" OKAY I DONT HAVE TIME. GET HIM INTO AN OR AND PREP HIM FOR A CRANIOTOMY! GREY SCRUB IN!" I yelled running out. Still no sign of Amy.
" Nurse, Can you please page my sister for me."
" right away doctor."
I got to the OR but it was too late. I did everything I could.
" Derek... You gotta call it." Mer said.
I couldn't. No I refused to lose another one.
" Derek let him go we can't save him the damage was to much!" Mer yelled.
I kept pumping on his chest. Addison and Owen were up at the gallery watching the surgery. Meredith looked up at the gallery and they all came running to the OR.
" Derek come on" Owen tried pulling me off.
" Derek come on let him go you did everything you could." Addison said.

MEREDITH POV:

I looked at her and she nodded. Owen had finally got Derek away from the patient.
" Take a walk Shepherd, Grey call it."
Derek just looked at the floor.
" time of death 8:52."
Derek ripped off his mask and scrub cap and threw it on the floor.
" Derek..." Addison said. She was close to holding his hand.
" don't touch me Addison." He said as he walked out.
" Grey, go." Owen said and I ran after Derek. Addison stopped me.
" He needs you the most now."
" I know. He's been trying to patch everyone together. But the fact that Mark's gone and Lexi. It's tearing him apart. Find Mark, Addison."
" I'm trying."
" DEREK!" I yelled down the hall " DEREK STOP JUST WAIT!" I followed him into an on-call room.
" Derek..."
" what am I supposed to do now. My best friend is gone. His sister is gone. Their daughter doesn't have a father figure or a mother figure. Is it my fault? Is it? Did I do this? What did I do to help her? THIS ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS WAY! THIS ISNT HOW OUR LIVES WERE SUPPOSED TO GO! WE WERE SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE THIS! EVERYTHING WE WERE GONNA GO THROUGH WE WERE GONNA MAKE IT OUT TOGETHER, ALL OF US! NOW I FEEL LIKE WE WENT THROUGH A WAR AN LEFT TWO OF OUR MEN BEHIND!" He started to yell.
" Derek.." I was crying.
" DONT DEREK ME! YOU WERENT THERE! YOU DIDNT SEE IT I DID! YOU HAVE AS MUCH PAIN AS I DO I GET THAT TRUST ME BUT THE SIGHT OF IT IS NOW ENGRAVED IN MY BRAIN AND I CANT GET RID OF IT!" Everyone was standing in the doorway.
" Derek go home, take the day off." Richard said
" no I can't I just got back."
" it's fine Derek. Grab your stuff, grab your kids, grab your wife and go home. You're done for the day." Owen said
" come on Derek lets go home." I said
" NO I DONT WANT TO GO HOME. DONT YOU PEOPLE SEE IM NOT OKAY. IVE BEEN HOLDING MYSELF TOGETHER WITH TAPE AND GLUE AND ITS NOT HOLDING. BUT YEAH SURE ILL GO HOME." He stormed out. Addison pulled me to the side.
" I think I know where Mark is." He said
" where?"
" the cemetery I don't wanna go alone and Derek is clearly not ready so will you come with me?"
" yeah let me just go talk to Owen." I walked into Owen's office.
" chief?"
" meredith, come sit"
" no I um I am going to go with Addison to get Mark if that's okay with you."
" yeah go ahead go see Mark and then go home and deal with your husband."
" thanks Owen."
Addison and I headed to the cemetery. Little did you know she was right. Mark was sitting next to Lexie's head stone. We had it engraved saying ' beloved, wife, sister, and mother. Surgical Attending at Seattle Grace Mercy West.'
" Mark?" Addison asked.
He looked up. " Addison? What are you doing here?"
" Derek called, Mark he's worried, we all are."
" don't worry about me I'm fine."
" no Mark you aren't you lost a wife and you've abandoned you friends, family, your children." I said
" I'm working through it okay?"
" alone?" Addison asked.
" where's Derek?"
" Derek... He's.. He's home." I said
" why?"
" he's working through it too."
" alone?"
" yeah."
" see us men don't need to sit around and cry on each orders shoulders."
" but you do..." I said
" what?"
" she's right Mark. You and Derek are like brothers you need each other for certain things. This is the certain thing. Mark go to Meredith and Derek's house and talk to him."
" when you came to seattle he didn't want to forgive you. But I made him because I knew that one day you guys would need each other again. Mark the day is here. You both won't get through this unless you talk to each other. Go Mark. Go talk to Derek."
" fine. I walked here so I need a ride."
" fine."
Addison and I smiled at each other and got in the car. We dropped him off at the house and drove back to the hospital. I went into Owen's office.
" Grey I thought I told you to spend the rest of the day with your husband."
" well, Mark is with Derek so I didn't need to."
" wait our Mark? Mark Sloan, Mark?"
" yes."
" do you know his plans?"
" no but I will talk to Derek tonight."
" good job Grey. You and Addison can get out of here."
" no offense but I think I'm gonna stick around. Let them talk for a while."
" fine by me."
" thanks chief."