Around Christmas Time

" Derek, how do you feel about having a Christmas party with everybody?" Mer asked.
" here?"
" yeah. Unless you think that's a bad idea."
" no I think it's great.." I put my arms around her waist. " who do you want to invite?" I asked.
" I was thinking Alex and Jo, Cristina and Owen, Callie and Arizona and Sofia, Amy, Lexie and Mark, Bailey and Warren and Tuck, and Richard."
" sounds good to me. You invite them and I'll get the food ready. "
" sounds good I'll go to the store today Ill pick up the other decorations and place settings."
She turned around and gave me a kiss " love you"
" love you too. Where you going?"
" gonna take a shower."
I looked at her.
" what?" She said with a smile on her face.
" I need a shower too."
After our shower we got ready for work. When our shift was almost over I got paged by meredith.
" what's up?" I asked giving her a kiss.
" can you bring the kids home Cristina and I are going shopping for Christmas."
" so they're coming?"
" oh yes everyone said they would love to come. Alex and Jo are bringing drinks, cristina and Owen are bringing dessert, Callie and Arizona are bringing appetizers, Amy is bringing a side dish and Richard is bringing dessert, Lexie and Mark are bringing a side dish and bailey and warren are bringing appetizers."
" okay yes I'll pick up the kids and you guys can enjoy shopping"
" thank you. Love you." We kissed and we both went on our way. Mark met me after his shift was over at the daycare.
" how's Lexie?" I asked
" she's good it's gonna be a year and a half since we've gotten back together."
" yeah it is."
" I think I might propose tonight."
" really?! I'm so happy for you man. Come back to my place and I'll give you a couple of beers."
" tomorrow, I gotta be sober when I ask her."
I put a hand on his shoulder and said good luck and put the kids in the car. Meredith and Cristina walked in with bags of stuff filled to the top. I got up to help them out.
" what did you buy?" I asked
" everything." Cristina replied with a smile on her face.
" I can see that."
" how are the kids?" Mer asked
" asleep"
" no problems?"
" nope they were so tired they went straight to sleep."
" that's good thanks again."
" hey anytime you girls wanna go out I'll be more than happy to take care of my kids."
Cristina looked at meredith.
" what?" I asked
" do you want to?" Cristina asked mer.
" you think it will be open that late?"
" it's the opening night of course it will"
" what's going on?" I asked
" Cristina and I wanted to go see this movie tomorrow night but it's opening night and I don't know if we can get tickets."
" go order them online. Mer you deserve to go out and relax. We've been through a lot lately and I can still tell you don't entirely trust me. Go out tomorrow night and I will take care of the kids." I walked to the bedroom to get ready for bed.
" you still don't trust him?" Cristina asked.
" I trust him."
" so you're mad at him."
" not mad"
" disappointed? Betrayed? Hurt?"
" I don't know I just don't know I want things the back they were. I know it was Addison's fault but when I see him I feel disgusted."
Little did Mer know I was standing in the Hall. I grabbed my keys and headed for the door.
" derek where are you going?"
" Cristina you are staying here and I'm going to Owens until she is undisgusted"
"Derek..."