Chapter 19.

"What did you do with Nancy today?" He asks analyzing me.

"I thought that as a first day-" I pause. "It would have been appropriate to start with something she likes."

"So you're insinuating that you didn't do anything." He sounds so cut and dry.

"Then you expect me to hire you, even when you haven't followed the instructions?" I glance at him badly, which he doesn't pay attention to, he's busy checking his phone. "You can go, that's all for the day."

Without saying anything, I turn around and start. Not even entering the house, someone blocks me by holding my hand. "Hey, Nancy."

She smiles. "I promise that we'll finish the book when we get the chance okay?"

Before leaving, I still gaze that guy. He's calling and as soon he hangs up, I turn around.

The good thing about living not in big cities, is that you can go anywhere pedaling. Except when you need to move to town. I mean I have a driving license, only that the idea of driving scares me. There is too much mess on the streets, especially when there's traffic. So most of the times that I want to go to the city, I prefer to take the transportations. Besides I don't have enough money to afford a car. My parents wanted to give it to me as a diploma gift but I honestly want to buy it with my own money.

As I wander in these thoughts, I observe the beautiful nature and the small houses. Many people are leaving, there are those who go for long walks or who store their luggage in the car, to travel who knows where. Seeing them being happy, it reminds me of how much I wanted to travel the world. One of the places I dreamed of going to as a child was Paris. Actually I had written down a list of places, which I had to visit. In second place is Italy. In addition to loving their ways, I love their culture. Especially their food. I consider it the best.

Although I'm American, my culinary potential is based on that. Being also Mexican, my mother often prepares Mexican food too, while my father before becoming a lawyer, he used to work in various restaurants and hotels, so he knows about cooking. Which means that I come from a family, quite fond of culinary art.

Every time I move with the bike, the sky always tends to get dark. In fact it is raining. Luckily I'm already home. As usual I read a book. This time I'm on the patio.

All of a sudden I hear my mother laughing. I turn around and see her dancing with my father. Both seem to be happy. Watching them serene makes me move. I am struck by how they still star at each other. His eyes are on her lips while hers on his eyes. I see her lost in them but she seems not to mind it. It is what makes her smile with joy. Despite their flaws, their feelings are still profound, and nothing will stand in their way. I can glimpse and catch both of them whispering that I love you.

"What would the world be without love. How could we have faced life without the feeling of passion?" I sigh as I close my diary.

I think what keeps human alive is to feel loved. So I am of the opinion that if one grows in anger, and full of itself is due to lack of love. Which my parents have always shown and given to me. For this reason that, I can feel what they are feeling right now.