Chapter 52.

The moment I'm in front of Nikki's house, I see her scared and tired, sitting on the steps. I motion to go up, consequently she runs quickly towards me, carrying a backpack. From her expression, I understand she had a rough evening. Also by how she embraces me. I don't want to be rude, so I don't ask her what happened. Therefore I just start the engine. We don't talk all the way, but I'm grateful that there isn't an embarrassing atmosphere. Indeed driving at this time, is truly relaxing. I can already hear the chirping of birds that, give life to the new coming day. The air is fresh and light. The sunrise is slowly showing up, I see a fiery red in the distance, ready to illuminate houses.

As we are halfway, Nikki says "I don't want to be a burden to you, so to your parents. If you want, we can go somewhere...together." That last word is different than usual- a mixture of shyness and insecurity.

"Where would you like to go?" I ask quietly. My eyes are dying of sleep, and my head is exploding but, seeing her in that state, I make an effort. "And don't worry, you're not a burden to us."

"I don't seem to like your mother." She says by looking at the view, touching the window. I don't know what to answer, because on the one hand it's true. But on the other hand, mom doesn't even know her. So she can't judge her so easily.

"Let's say, she is very protective. So it is normal for her to be tough towards new people." As I finish, I have a feeling she is calming down. In fact, she immediately changes topic.

"I mean she's pretty, but not that great." She talks about the girl of the pub, about that day, we went out as friends for the first time. "When I called her, the only thing she talks about are her cactus collections, and her world of gardening."

"Are you telling me you don't like her, just because she's obsessed with plants?" I smile, as soon as she looks at me confused.

"Like we have nothing in common. Not that I don't like green...but I'd like a concrete person to talk about everything." She puffs playing with the jacket zip. "With her...I couldn't even open mouth, practically she spoke most of the time."

"I understand- as my father says the ocean is full of fish." I turn for a second, and I realize that she is staring at me...who knows how long. But suddenly she looks away, as soon as she signs me to turn onto the road.

"What place is this?" I ask while I try to park. I am amazed at the simplicity of this park, but at the same time sad, because it's an abandoned playground. The empty swings make everything an unhappy place.

"Welcome to my secret place." She hints, getting joyfully out of the car. "You must know that I often came here as a child."

"It is really nice." I respond walking towards a swing. I remember that as a child I often liked going on it, especially with dad. Who pushed me by telling stories, about enchanted worlds. "It is weird that nobody comes here, even I didn't know there was this little park."

"Small, and simple things are no longer fashionable in this reality." She explains, sitting on the swing next to me. "I see many children playing, and at the same time, getting tired easily to immediately want to go home."

"Instead, I think children are the ones who drive adults to have fun, and bring out the best part of them."

I keep eyes on the ground. "And if they ever acted that way, then something disturbs them. I have never seen a child get tired of playing. Because at such an innocent age, it is normal to want to explore the world..." I take a break, holding back my tears.

I am so emotional when I speak such things. "Before they grow up, and become adults...where reality will be different from their previous world. So I think it is important that every child has fun, before having to face life for what it is."