Chapter 59.

Without giving me time to thank him, he walks away. In the beginning I did not know where to go, the place is too broad. In addition, the crowd seems to increase more and more, as soon as I enter. So I stick to a random spot, walking around hoping to find Nikki among the people. Their voices are hitting my eardrums, more than anything else, I really feel out of context. All this makes me feel, as Nikki says, an alien who has just landed in a new world. The guests seem to know each other well, hence seeing them most conversing, my anxiety to find myself alone stands out. As a result, I hurry to locate the exit. Also walking with that rhythm, reminds me the pain in my feet. Enough to take away my desire to stay at the party. Consequently, I give up.

I lower myself, trying to take off heels. The moment I do it, I immediately look up as soon as a figure appears, catching my attention. It's Corinne who looks at me confused, and at the same time serene(?). She holds out a hand, as if she thought I had fallen. In order not to create an embarrassing situation, I accept her help. Now that I see her close, I can admire her beauty. I am breathless, she's really beautiful. Especially those hazel eyes of hers that play with green. Her hair is as long as mine, with a truly gold blond. In addition to her good perfume, her lips appear delicate and soft. Overall makes her perfect, so is her physique. Also, the dress highlights her long legs, they are refined. In fact, compared to me, she is on another level, too high to reach. No wonder why she is James's girlfriend. Both form a perfect couple, as if they were two characters out of a storybook.

So I decide not to look her straight in the eye.

"You are Iris right?" Her tone, strangely, sounds like a sweet melody. Impossible not to pay attention. I nod, keeping a puzzled look.

"I heard about you, especially from my boyfriend's little siblings." She smiles, this time giving me a suspicious look. "Oh, my! I forgot the good manners. Hi, my name is Corinne. Of course I'm sure you are aware of who I am."

Observing me not answering, she says "I think that's why James is obsessed with me. Just for my fame. In fact, without me, he is nothing."

That sentence has a bad effect on me. I spontaneously reply "Isn't fair, to talk bad about him, with someone that you barely know?"

She smiles, putting a hand on her lips. "Instead I framed you well, Iris. You're just an opportunist who now feels invincible after she's got Harrison approval. Therefore she thinks that she can afford to conquer someone, who is already taken. You fucking cheater."

At that line, I look at her in bewilderment, returning that fake smile of hers. In observing me that way, she changes expression, this time more murderous. "Don't let yourself take this attitude with me. Because here you are not in your world, but you are in mine."

She goes on to say "You should climb down." Her tone was rather aggressive. Enough to petrify me, as long as she suddenly updates "I just want fucking know, what's in you that he doesn't see in me."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." That answer does not satisfy her, I sense her fury is getting worse.

So taking a glass of wine, without even looking at the waiter's direction, she mentions "There are nights, which I hear him constantly saying your name. And the more he does it, the more I die of jealousy, and hate towards you."

James' behavior towards me, makes my heart beat faster. As if I had received solution for my confusion, maybe...we are both- I do not finish formulating that thought.

Corinne draws me violently towards her. I understand it from the way she grabs my arm, by even leaving it the sign of her grip. Her breathing that echoes aggressively in my ear, takes away all my confidence. Her energy manages to discharge mine. She really has a weird way of approaching people. Maybe for her, I'm not just any stranger. She targeted me as the enemy with the doubt, I would steal her boyfriend...which I'm not sure of either. More than anything, I knew nothing about her with James, and their relationship, but just recently, because at the beginning I thought they were only co-workers.