Chapter 91.

The room is enveloped in an absurd stillness. Nancy and Daniel reluctantly eat soup, so they don't really want to talk. My parents also don't look like they want to open their mouths. Both are surprised at the size of the house. Somit happens that they raise their eyes to examine every corner, while Jamie smiles at me nervously.

After a few seconds I take courage, and clearing my throat I hint "Anyway mom, dad. This is Jamie, the housekeeper and friend of the Harrisons."

That name illuminates my mother's expression. After taking a sip of water, with a fake smile, she says "Nice to meet you. I'm Isabela Torres." And then she adds "I don't know, but I think the two of us saw each other somewhere, didn't we?"

With a puzzled tone, Jamie replies "I'm sorry, but I think you confuse me with another person."

As soon as the sentence ends, my mother grins with a wicked gaze. Therefore silence falls again.

Until dad happily says, "I am Alexander, the father of this beautiful girl." I laugh softly as he adds, "Obviously all this beauty is only from me."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Jamie replies. "Your daughter's a really wonderful girl."

"We know!" Dad exclaims. And with the glass in his hand, he says, "It is a satisfaction for a parent to hear these words."

"So how did you know I was sick?" I ask.

"It was James who warned us, even though it was late and it was raining heavily-" Dad responds, observing his beloved. In addition, by touching her hand, he adds, "Your mother still wanted to see you, she carried a lot of medicines in her bag, she drove like crazy."

"It's not that tragic." She responds, hiding a smile. "I was just worried, because I know very well that when Iris has a high fever, she often tends to have nightmares."

I am surprised. It makes me understand again, although I grow up, parents will never change habits. I will always be their little daughter, so I smile with joy at following those words of hers.

I laugh as dad says, "She even gave James instructions on how to take care properly of you."

"I hope he will have followed them at least." Mom replies. "Anyway Iris, next time try not to forget to bring your phone."

"I'm sorry. I'll be more careful next-"

"Although I brought it to you, you still haven't learned how to answer calls."

I hate when mom talks to me like that, she's embarrassing me. "I looked for you a thousand times this morning. You could at least send me a message, or one to your father."

"I'm sorry." I look at her badly. "I spent half a day in bed-"

"Don't fool me, Iris." She replies with a cold expression. "Don't you think about the people who worry about you? Did I have to come here to make you understand that?"

I look down. The soup is good, but being physically weak I don't finish it. So it's an excellent opportunity to play it with the spoon.

Seeing me that way, Nancy asks "Do you remember the nightmare you dreamed of?"

"Yes, tell us about it." Daniel joins too.

Unfortunately when I want to open mouth, my mother's voice prevents me. "Jamie, I hope you understand my concept, because I suppose you are a mother too, right?"

"Mom!" I exclaim bored. "I already told you sorry, what else do you expect me to tell you?"

Of course I show well that I'm furious. I don't like her behavior, particularly in front of people she hardly knows. Also because I am aware of Jamie's situation, so dad to improve the mood, joyfully asks, "So Jamie, how did you get the job here?"