Chapter 77.

"IRIS." Someone calls me, its voice is very familiar. Unfortunately I can't understand whose it is. So without hesitation, I turn in that direction. "It's really you!"

Kyle examines me well, making me spin around. "You lost a lot of weight, and then your hair!" And without letting me open mouth, she adds "I don't say that it doesn't look good on you. I just didn't expect to see you so different...and...and changed."

And in that instant, I notice that I ended up in the supermarket. But in order not to be impolite, I answer slowly "I know...many things have happened in so few days."

Sighing, and keeping my eyes down, I mention "It's a long story."

Observing me like that, she supports me by stroking my arm. When I look up, I see her smiling at me. "You can't understand what a good feeling it gives me, to meet a friend again."

Without letting her speak, I say "I miss our last year of high school. Not for those shitty situations, but, those moments that after we graduated we became friends."

"I mean, me too, but it is better that we are here, due to that bitch of Nikki, I spent the most hellish high school years of my life." In addition, she confesses "You should be grateful too! I can't imagine how you managed, let's say to be her friend, knowing that she has that shitty character."

Obviously she is not up to date that, in reality Nikki, deep down is a wonderful friend...Wait. Why do I say these things now? She lied to me...but still something tells me that I have to keep our friendship close. And watching me say nothing, she informs "There were even rumors that she was having sex with both the history and science professors!"

At that point she manages to capture my attention. "Why that face? Don't tell me you weren't aware of it."

She looks at me in surprise, excellent for her to continue the story. This is the side of her which I don't like. She often talks about other people's problems. Thus she loves to gossip, which is why she created that page, mocking and bullying Nikki.

"In short, everything to get good grades, and then pass the exams to get the diploma! And that's why it is said that, the reason her parents were absent from graduation, is precisely because they were ashamed, when the whole school spread the word that she was a whore and a cheater."

I ask curiously "Is there any evidence that confirms all this?"

She looks at me badly. "Don't pretend she's innocent. The one with that shitty character, do you think she doesn't have the courage to do such things?"

And in a cold tone she concludes "For all that we had to go through because of her, I really hope that she will disappear from this world, from this earth and from this life. That fucking snake doesn't deserve to exist."

I'm getting upset, I've never seen this Kyle behavior. Not even when we were in high school together. I guess she's really going through a tough time too. So on the first occasion, she lets out her anger and her frustration, or at least from what I see. More than anything else, I'm sure she didn't say it without thinking it truly. She is a girl who knows how to understand, just like me. And that's why we became friends...

In looking at me that I do not comment, or answer something, she hugs me all of a sudden. "Sorry if I speak so bluntly. It's just that, those years have stressed me a lot."

In addition, she is rightly concerned about the sudden silence. In fact she asks "Do you want to talk about it?"

Actually I don't know exactly whether to tell her the truth, but knowing that she has always hated Nikki and after what she reported, she wouldn't have been the right person to talk to. So I say "Not really."