Chapter 72.

The moment I turn around, restoring sleep, I feel someone stroking my hair. It is a really delicate and slow touch. The more it continues to do so, the more I sense the sunlight is inviting me to open eyes. Also the wind blows in my face, is giving me the good morning kiss. So do birds' singing as soon as I wake up. It all makes me feel like I'm a princess. In fact when I get up, I am surprised at the beautiful dress I am wearing. It is blue in color as I like, as well as being very long. So much that it even dishevels the grass and some daisies.

I don't stop smiling. I walk around and I realize, it is the place of that time, when James took me to picnic. But this time it's different. The park is full of plants of all kinds, with tall and huge trees. Indeed, I'm surrounded by nature, so I'm breathing in the fresh air. I am moved to see so much green. Especially when these tall grasses push me to dance with them. Even the dress follows the melody of the wind, while I can't stand still. I'm dancing. But as I begin to rotate, raising my arms up, something tells me to stop.

I mention in a confused tone, "I have already heard this melody, I don't remember where, but it seems very familiar to me."

I take a step forward, and when I walk I frame a person in the distance. I see it slowly moving away. "W-Wait!" I shout, running as fast as I can.

My heart is beating fast, and my mind is being colored with images, and memories never experienced before. "What kind of world am I over?" I whisper when I notice a long path ahead of me.

That doesn't excuse me for not running. I am too curious to discover that mysterious figure. I'm sure it's the one who's playing. I don't know, but my intuition tells me, that person is anxiously waiting for my return. Rightly the reason behind is still uncertain, I mean, the only thing I remember is having spent years and years in this place. And oddly every time I wake up, I don't remember anything.

So, "Who are you? Where are you from? Why are you calling me...?"

When I reach the goal, I don't see anything anymore. I am left alone in this magical and unknown world. But my eyes are hypnotized by an instrument. It is an old-fashioned piano, covered by various and numerous ivies. A single element that makes it special, and mysterious is a daisy. It is the only flower that cheers up this melancholy atmosphere. I hear some notes and the closer I get, the more the air plays with my skirt. It is practically undulating.

The moment I touch the keys, the wind blows me stronger, very much, that my hair is unkempt, pushing its clumps to the right. Until I notice an unknown hand resting on mine. It is guiding me to compose that melody I had heard a little while ago. Now I understand. The wind that brought me here must be someone I've always loved. Why am I only now able to remember those old memories?

"Don't stop, keep playing. I promise you that I will come back to you." Those words, and his warm breath, protect me from the great incoming wind. "I'm sorry if I broke your heart, so let me go my way."

I can't turn around, the air that blocks my hands is the result of the presence, that is speaking to me. "So tell me, why am I here?"

"I know a girl who loves flowers, especially daisies, and every time she is in the middle of the nature, her eyes light up." His tone is sad. "Now that she is gone, this is the only beautiful memory of her that I have kept."

"I have a feeling I know this girl too." When I say those words, my heart is filled with joy, and with immense happiness. Enough to allow me to finally turn around.

Trembling I ask "James, how long have we not seen each other?" I show him my shiny eyes. "I missed you. You must never leave me alone again, do you understand?"

"Iris. It is I who must return to you, after all, it is I who broke your heart." He concludes by touching my cheek. His touches make me rekindle that bad event of ours. "It's true. I don't deserve you."