Chapter 106.

Tell me, tell me, answer me. FUCK, answer me. You are there? I feel alone Nikki. You can't play this joke on me, please. I want to see that little Nikki again when I moved to the new school. I want to go back to the last year of middle school, where you used to make fun of me. When you invited me to be your friend. I wish I could go back and hug you again. Let me go back to the first day I saw you in the bathroom, combing that beautiful hair, or doing your makeup. To that Nikki who dared look herself in the mirror with joy, when she instead suffered inside.

Seeing me like that, James starts stroking my hair. He holds me tighter than before, but being mentally and emotionally drained, I push him away, rather aggressively.

In order not to create any embarrassing situation, my mother takes me by the hand and we walk towards the exit of the hospital, taking me out to the mess of the rain, so the wind supports me in venting what I am feeling. I have an indescribable pain, something that if I write it, I don't think people can understand it. But they can imagine what it is like to lose a person who has always been close to you, going through an entire journey of growth.

So only when you lose someone, can you finally remember only good memories, and in this case those times when, despite periods of misunderstanding, at least she was with me. With her ways, she gave this place a room that slowly won my heart. This is why, in hugging mom, I touch my chest, as if that feeling wanted to come out of me. And in fighting to prevent this from happening, I am reminded of an event in which, after bullying a student, Nikki knowing that I was sad on that school day for which I do not remember the reason, took me with her wandering in various shops.

And without noticing, she was cheering me up. But I was stubborn and blind in my thoughts, which I never realized the good present I had with her. While I was thinking about my problems, I didn't notice that we ended up in an ice cream shop. She offered me an ice cream of my favorite flavor, strawberries and chocolate, paying with that little she had, all to make me smile. Which she couldn't do, I was too dumb to understand what she was really doing. And that's why these little moments want to get out of me, they want me to convey that in the end, what we think sometimes does not reflect what we really see. On that day I had to understand that Nikki was good in her own way.

"I hope to get through the summer periods, at least I can bother you for a few more years." She said watching me melt the ice cream. "You know, you are really weird Iris. And it's lucky that you go out with me."

I didn't speak, I didn't know whether to eat it or not. "Without me, high school will be total hell for you." She laughed, taking the cone from my hand, tasting the red part. "I also like the strawberry flavor. Sometimes they can be sweet and sometimes sour."

Licking the brown side as well, she added "So chocolate too, can sometimes be strong and have no particular taste, and sometimes it can be sweet and be a drug once you are addicted to it."

Handing it back, she asked "Don't you think you and I have a lot of these similarities? An Yin and Yang in continuous development in looking for things, which they may already have?"

I said nothing, I just finally tasted those flavors. I had my eyes down, but once I raised them I noticed Nikki immediately change expression. Now I remember that she was only smiling at that scene of mine, perhaps at my cuteness. For this, she wondered "You really like to take on that innocent look, don't you?"

With a half-smile she pointed out "Too bad that if I wasn't who I am, I would have beaten you straight away. I hate these things, let's just say I can't stand them- weakness is something I don't support."

And walking away, leaving me alone, she said "That's why I'll have to keep an eye on you for another four years, like me, you need someone to protect you. See you tomorrow at school, loser."