Chapter 73.

Today my mythical little Harrison, Daniel and Nancy are back from their California vacation. Plus, since Jamie went on vacation, no one can keep them company . It was Merlyn who told me last night. That news made her sad, she expected the big son to remain. But James will not have free time due to various events. He has to move back and forth. He did not communicate where, but he has some auditions with the photographic set, and numerous interviews about his new movie.

Therefore none of the family will be available, let's say to be with the little ones. Even Thomas. He had to leave half of their vacation to go to his business. Obviously this was not planned, so Daniel was disappointed that his father was no longer participating. In fact, she warned me that they didn't really enjoy those days off. Except Nancy, because she enjoyed making videos of her days for me- even what she ate.

...We indeed talked a lot during that day, that I was with James in that tiny house near the river.

"So are you enjoying these adventures? How's the beach?" I asked hastily while I was decorating the flowers in the vase, and in the kitchen.

"Yes, a lot. But with you it would have been even better, we could go to the beach together." She showed me her sad face, and at the same time she committed herself to drawing. "Do you promise me that you will come next time?"

With a big smile, I said "Promise! More than sea, I would like to go to the mountains, where nature and fresh air embraces you in the early morning as soon as you wake up."

She with her mouth open, highlighted clearly her surprised expression. "It would be magical, I'm in! I always wanted to go to the campsite."

At that moment she changed her mood. "Mom and Dad had promised me once, but then they forgot about it. So we couldn't do it anymore."

Seeing her that way a little saddened me, I know how much children care to be the center of attention from parents. So without hesitation, I exclaimed, "Remember my little cupcake, there is always a next time! I'm sure that day will come."

As I wanted to add something, she exclaimed "I wish only you and I would go that day! There must be no one else, even Daniel and James." As she concluded, I laughed with joy. "You are now the only person I can talk to."

I changed attitude for that last sentence. "Don't say that. In life you will meet a lot of people who will love you very much."

In addition to being realistic, I reminded, "Obviously not all of them. But the thing that must matter to you are those few people you have. They are the ones who urge you to be the best of yourself."

Then she mentioned "I don't want to grow up, I want to stay the way I am. Because I know that love, when I grow up, will not be like what I read in fairy tales."

I didn't answer right away. I also often thought of these things as a child. Especially when I tried to give love and affection to the wrong people. I often said to myself, is friendship not based on kindness and love? If so then, why can't I make friends?

Unfortunately when we grow up, fairy tales will become just one of our childhood memories. So when we are adults, it is normal for us to say, I remember reading that book too, it was when I dreamed of being a pilot or a dancer as a child. Therefore, when you have to face life with that perception, those tales will not serve anything. Because in reality we will base ourselves on the conditions of life and of the place we want to achieve. This is why we often forget the fantasy and positivity we had as children. The more we find obstacles to face, the more stress increases. As a result, we take on burdens and immense fear that success will never come close. So we won't have time for ourselves and remember those moments we had as children where the world was small and life was simple.