Chapter 30.

I realize that the envelope has gone against someone. Unfortunately it happened to a person, with various paparazzi around, or fans running after him. He is a tall guy with ash blonde hair and his skin is white as snow. I seem to have seen him somewhere before.

Now I remember. He is an actor in a movie seen with my parents. He's different on screen, let's say he's more handsome in person. From what I know, he's popular mainly because of his bright blue eyes. And they are right, they are enchanting. But it's not an excuse to stare at him for long. Also because I notice him framing me doubtfully, perhaps because of my amazed face for his presence. What an embarrassment to see him collecting my stuff, especially when he holds a black lingerie in his hand. He puts them in the bag and with a smile he slowly approaches me.

"Everything's solved. Don't need to worry about it." He says smirking.

I don't answer anything, on the contrary I divert my view towards the exit of the mall. I don't want to be photographed. I'm dying from embarrassment.

In fact some laughs the moment he whispers, "Nice underwear by the way."

What irritates me is that wink. But I dare not comment because I have already created enough damage. So I run fast but without paying properly attention to what's around me. I suddenly bump into someone. She is a girl who works for a skincare store. She's outside to give people samples from one of their products so that they can enter and buy it, as she's doing with me.

But seeing me not interested, she says, "You're really beautiful, yet you need more perfection on your skin. This production will reduces that simplicity in you. There's a special ingredient that's capable to make your face a whole new glow!"

"It's useful especially if you need to impress your crush." She smirks observing me from top to bottom.

I smirk back and respond, "Thanks for your advice but I prefer to keep my simplicity."

Before leaving, I add, "You know why? I don't need to impress anybody. I consider it, rather childish and pathetic. You should say this to people, if you want them to buy your products, you'll help them gain self-esteem."

When I'm halfway out, I walk proud of myself. I think old Iris would have listened to those words. Jeez, I like my new version! Now that I've withdrew the dress for mom, I run as soon as I catch that guy from before. At the exact moment I head to my bike, I hear a familiar scream. But I can't pick up where it came from, until I hear another one. I rush to the opposite side of the mall.

I catch Nikki bullying that girl. "Aren't you ashamed of yourself? Who do you think you are? Don't make your body suffer even more, these ain't for you."

She throws the Victoria's Secret bag in the trash. The girl tries to stop her but Nikki pushes her away aggressively. "What? Don't you tell me you want to go around having one of these on, right? Boys won't look at you, and if they will, they are just going to laugh at you."

I show up when she adds, "I just don't want you to make a bad impression, that's all. You should thank me."

"Leave her alone Nikki!" I say coldly.

"Oh, Iris, you're still here?" She asks walking towards me. "Wanna join her too?"

I smirk and decide to move closer to her too. "Why not?"

Her mean looks slowly disappear. "Really? I think you've already tasted my punches, do you want one straight to your nose this time?"

I laugh silently. "Yeah. But this time I won't hold myself back."

Clapping and laughing, she says, "You, punching me? Oh my god, this is hilarious. Hold on, I can't breathe, can you say that again?"

"You don't have anything better to do in your life Nikki? What do you want from others, are you bored perhaps?" I ask maintaining seriousness. "If you are, go and find some hobbies, there are plenty things to do if you look better, instead of bugging other peoples' lives."

She stops laughing and asks instead, "Only now you have the guts to face me? What are you waiting for? Go ahead and show me how badass you've become."

"Do you remember when you said, I have to step on the weakest in order not to be like them?" I ask keeping eye contact with her. "Well. Now that I'm not the person you think I was, I can say that you're the weakest at the moment."

And touching her hair, I add, "Should I step on you then? Or should I show mercy?"

The moment I gaze her, she finally dares not to say anything back. Her eyes look elsewhere. So I slowly approach that girl's direction. I help her to get up.

"Thank you." She whispers as she leaves.

I sigh.

"Unfortunately, I'm not like you, Nikki." I end up smiling. "It's not worth it."

"Also because, I want to treat people the way I want to be treated. So I won't step on you, but I want you to understand that we have grown up by now. It's time to change and work for the better." I hand out my hand as a gesture of peace.

She pushes me away. "Don't you understand that I hate you?"

"It's fine. I can't change peoples' opinion." I respond moving away from her. "But I want you to know that, I don't hate you."

As she sheds a tear, I add, "You can't hide anymore Nikki. Especially from me, I hope you're conscious of what I'm talking about."