𝘈𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘐𝘐

[ Miles ]

"I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU."

I felt dizzy, trying to catch my breath.

Finally, I did and I started to speak.

"You're... My best friend. You're like my sister."

That's not entirely true. Though she is my best friend, I've never seen her as anything close to a sister. I'm actually really happy right now because I love her too.

So why am I acting like this? "I just... We fucking... Agh!" I didn't know what to say to her. I was afraid to open my mouth.

I watched as she walked away, frozen in my spot. I wanted to call out to her, run to her like in the movies, pick her up, and kiss her passionately. I wanted to apologize for being a dick and tell her I really was in love with her...

But she was gone in the forest like that. I assumed that she was going to the stream so I didn't have much to worry about.

I looked around before sitting back down on the blanket. I sat with my head hanging, my anger building up inside of me.

Why am I like this?

Why do I always end up alone?

Why can't I ever let anything good happen to me? I grabbed the bottle of water, taking the cap off. For once I was glad we were rich and bought the water that looked like it was in a wine bottle.

I chugged some of it before getting up and walking over to a tree. I smashed the bottle on it, braking it. I held the neck of the bottle, keeping the sharp glass pointed out.

Just go do what you do best Miles...

Y/n hates it when I kill...

She's gone.

I shook my head, I could run into her.

Kill her too. She's trying to hurt you. Protect yourself like a man.

I looked to my left and noticed a familiar figure, Quint. He nodded and I stepped into the woods. My legs carried me around, killing anything that crossed me.

I even killed a wild pig. My heart was racing as I stared at it. My lip quivered for a moment before a hand slapped the back of my head.

I turned around and looked at Quint.

Boys don't cry.

I nodded and took a shaky breath. I continued deeper into the woods until I heard crying and running water.

I clutched the bottle staring at her. Look at what I did. She's never cried like this. She looks so hurt.

All of a sudden there was a sharp pain in the side of my thigh. "Oooh fuck!" I yelped, looking down. The bottle was plunged deep into my thigh.

It's better if I don't remove it.

I pulled the bottle out and tossed it aside, staggering towards Y/n. She was looking at me, horrified. I walked over to her and smiled.

She started at my leg, her face filled with shock. "I... Love you... Too..." I mumbled as I sat next to her.

"Miles I think something you cut your major artery open... You need to go to the hospital now." Y/n said. I grabbed her cheeks and leaned in to kiss her.

Our lips met and I sighed, her lips are softer than I could've ever imagined. I pulled away and caressed her cheek.

I could tell she was talking but couldn't hear her. That's when I blacked out.

I woke up again in a guest room of the house. Machines hooked up to me while Y/n laid next to me. I sighed and rubbed my eyes, sitting up.

"Miles..?" I looked down at her and smiled. "I've never seen you as a sister. I'm in love with you too! You're the most beautiful girl in the whole world and I'd be the luckiest man on earth if you were my girlfriend."

Y/n awkwardly laughed and grabbed my hand. "I think you're a little doped up-" I leaned in and kissed her.

Y/n was taken aback for a moment before kissing back. The door opened and we pulled away from each other.

"Miles!" Flora cried. I smiled and she ran to me. "Hey! Come here!" I hugged her, rubbing her back. "I thought you died!" She sobbed, making my hand go up to rub her head.

"It's okay Flora, I'm okay." She nodded and pulled away to look at me. Flora gave me a kiss on the cheek before hugging me again.

I started to tickle her, making her shriek and giggle. I stopped and Flora sighed, climbing off the bed. "Bye!" She waved as she left.

I turned back to Y/n who had her eyes closed. I wrapped my arms around her and arms. "I love you.." she muttered sleepily.

"I still love you..." I replied, staring at the ceiling.

For once, I didn't feel completely alone...

It's a pretty nice feeling.