Cardigan

Not checked.
T.W. — Suicide ((attempted))
Cardigan — Taylor Swift

[ Y/n ]

I looked around for Trevor, humming his favorite song. I scoffed and crossed my arms, he must've left me.

I turned to the doors and walked out. He's been acting really weird and it's worrying me.

[ Trevor ]

I sobbed by myself, looking over the edge. Ive already written all my notes and my mom will find them the next time she goes into my room. I sniffed a few times and my tears stopped. Who's going to remember me?

Who's going to miss me?

All I've ever done is make people's lives a living hell. Especially the people I love the most. I walked over and stood on the edge.

"Trevor?!"

[ Y/n ]

My heart was already racing, I felt sick to my stomach. "Trevor what are you doing? That's not safe!" I shouted. He stood on the edge with no visible expressions. "Trevor please! You're scaring me!" He stood there and I covered my mouth, bending down. I sobbed into my hand. I'd never expect Trevor to be suicidal.

Sure he was a little apathetic but he always assured me nothing was wrong and I asked a lot.

"Please Trevor! You don't understand how much I need you! How much your mom and Phoebe need you!"

"I just ruin everyone's life!" He shouted, bringing his arms up to hold himself. I shook my head and wiped my tears. "What are you talking about? You always make your family and I laugh! You text me whole paragraphs when I'm upset! You drive your sister anywhere she wants whenever she wants! You help your mom with anything! You- You've never done anything to make anyone's life worse! Trevor you are truly the most caring, kind, sweet, loyal guy- scratch that PERSON I've ever met!"

He sat down on the ledge and I ran inside. I sprinted into the stairwell and up the stairs. I opened the door and ran over to him. He was still sitting on the ledge, slowly scooting himself off. "NO!" I grabbed his waist and pulled him on top of me.

"Stop it! Stop! That won't fix anything! That would ruin people's life!"

I squeezed him and he brought his hands up to touch mine.

.  .  .

I drove Trevor back home, still feeling sick to my stomach. "I'll come over later tonight..." I mumbled. He nodded and I hugged him. "I love you Trevor. I always have."

[ Trevor ]

My breath got caught in my chest as she said that. She got out and started to walk back to school since her car was still there. I got out of the car and walked inside. I bumped into my mom who was rushing out of the house. "Trevor!" She grabbed me and gave me a tight hug. I slowly hugged her back, tears brimming in my eyes. Phoebe peeked out from the living room, wiping tears off her cheeks.

I buried my head in my mom's sweater and let myself cry.

.  .  .