𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘋𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴

[ Finn ]

Y/n stood in front of me, watching the sunset. She was wearing a nice dress, nicer than she usually wore.

I walked over and took her hand in mine, looking over at her.

She was wearing the same red lipstick she wore the night I proposed. I felt a pain in my chest and looked away.

"You'll see me again, right?" She asked, looking back at the sunset.

"Yep, same time tomorrow..." My voice cracked and I clutched her hand. "Don't leave..." I whispered. "I have to go, Finn."

I shook my head, turning to her. "No! Don't leave! We'll figure it out! Please!" I dropped to my knees, grabbing her legs.

I know I'm acting like a child but I can't handle another night dreaming of her leaving.

I just can't.

"Finn..."

I shook my head.

"Finn!"

I sat up and looked around. My phone was ringing, Nick was holding it out to me. I grabbed it, thanking him.

I realized that it was Y/n and picked up. "Hello?" Her voice made me weak, unable to say anything.

"Finn... You don't have to say anything but I'll talk. I know it's stupid I'm calling you at 2 am almost seven months after I broke it off but... What if I was wrong? What if it could work? There hasn't been a day where I don't think about you. I miss every single thing about you, even all the annoying little things I claimed to hate. I miss you, all of you. I want to try again, if you'll take me back."

I didn't want to cry but I couldn't hold it in. I dropped my phone and grabbed my pillow, crying into it.

My whole body shook violently, making me feel sick. I picked my phone back up and held it to my ear. "Finn..?"

"I want to see you," I whispered. "We can facetime if you want..." she offered. "No, I want to see you. I want to touch you." I said shakily.

"Okay, can you come over or do you want me coming over to your place?"

I was too embarrassed to tell her my own house reminded me too much of her so I haven't been in it for six months.

"I'll come over." I whimpered.

"Okay, I'll see you soon..."

We both sat on the phone, neither of us hanging up. "Finn?" She asked in a low tone. I hummed as a response, my heart racing.

"I love you."

Y/n hung up before I could say anything, leaving me shocked. That didn't last long though, as I wanted to see her as soon as possible.

I got out of bed and got dressed, pulling on jeans and a hoodie. I quickly put my socks and shoes on and then rushed I to the bathroom to clean myself up.

After five or so minutes, I came out of the bathroom, rushing around my room. I grabbed my phone and car keys before rushing out of the house.

I got into my car and started the drive to the place I knew so painfully well.

...

After a long half an hour, I parked in front of her house. Y/n was on the porch, wearing her favorite nightgown. It was a more simple version of the dress I always dreamt of her in.

She stood up and I got out of my car. We stared at each other for a long moment before she ran towards me.

I stood there motionless, the emotions too much to handle. Y/n grabbed me and I quickly hugged her back. She cried into my hoodie, apologizing for leaving me.

I stared ahead for a moment before breaking down myself. I picked Y/n up, holding her against me. Her legs wrapped around my waist, my head buried in her neck.

...

I opened my eyes, squinting at the sunlight. I looked over at Y/n who was still sleeping peacefully.

I rolled on my side, cuddling her.

Y/n and I did a lot of talking.

Then we did more than talking.

I lightly kissed her head, nuzzling my nose into her hair. "I love you." I whispered, a small smile peeking onto my lips.

This is it.

My wildest dreams finally came true.