Chapter 78: Ido

A croak of his throat, he wheezed coughing when he finally awoke.

"Ah--" Kikimora shot up rushing by his side whilst asking, "are you alright now?"

Belos huffed patting his chest. A human heart attack? How uncanny.

Sighing, he laid back down on his bed.

"Status of the building?" He asked with closed eyes.

Kikimora fixed herself upright, clearing her throat before saying, "the windows are being repaired, Sir."

"And?"

Belos didn't waste time.

Kikimora looked down before looking back to Belos and saying, "the injured are now being helped and the deceased are now being fed to the prisoners downstairs."

Belos hummed nodding. That was good to know.

"At least we know that they'd eat anything even if it's raw down there." He scoffed.

Kikimora nodded.

...

Luz curled up in the corner of her room, holding herself tight, she sniffled looking down.

Camila on the other side of her room was leaning against the locked door.

She wanted to comfort her but the door was in the way. She forgot she'd given the keys to Luz.

Sighing, she gave up and just sat in wait.

But Luz wasn't going to come out of there at all.

...

In fact, Luz actually went into the secret claustrophobia-inducing magical dusty library in her closet.

Ignoring the dust around her, she opened the same book that taught her how to fight before a book laid on the table untouched caught her attention.

She didn't know why but she wanted to read that before the first book she had taken from the shelves.

Dusting the front cover, her eyes landed on a peculiar title.

"Amandla weTitan."

She read aloud.

Scratching the back of her neck, she opened the book to read it.

Somehow, she understood it as it was in Spanish for her. That was a relief for her but she caught something peculiar out of it though, it looked as if it was handwritten not the kind that's seemingly printed as such.

That was odd for her to see.

Squinting her eyes to see the faded first sentences of the first page, she began muttering to herself to ease herself from everything that had happened hours ago.

"Érase una vez, en una tierra lejana, un titán vivía en una isla solitaria ...(Once upon a time, in a distant land, a Titan lived on a lonely island...)" She muttered.

"Tuvo cinco hijos, todos los cuales diferían en poder entre sí, el más joven era el más fuerte y el segundo, tercero y cuarto lo amaban más que al Titán ni al mayor ...(He had five children, all of whom differed in power from each other, the youngest was the strongest and the second, third and fourth loved him more than the Titan or the eldest...)" She continued.