Chapter 11: La envidia

A woman in their forties betrayed into insanity and reported to be executed for failure of killing her prey, she was dubbed the Slitherbeast of the business for her cunning disguises of fitting into society without getting caught while still maintaining to stay in contact with what happens in the business.

"You make me jealous..."

Luz had lost consciousness over one hit as the Slitherbeast paused on the knife that was over her head when she felt something drop on her forehead.

Blinking, her hold on Luz's collar loosened as she reached an empty hand to see what had gotten on her temple. Red was all that she saw on the tips of her finger.

Looking up, she saw an Assistant's decapitated head, its neck still dripping with fresh blood.

"Those eyes..." She muttered, staring into those piercing gold-painted eyes that made way to make anybody cower in fear, a wide grin slowly cut across her face as she began to cackle darkly, "You are a daughter of those wretched Blights..."

"You made Luzy run until her heart almost gave out..." Amity hummed while dropping the head to take out a knife from her jacket.

"I wanted to do that..." She sighed before stabbing the Slitherbeast by the side of their mouth.

Pulling it back out without a problem, blood mixed itself with saliva as the Slitherbeast was brought wheezing and coughing blood over the holes in her mouth.

"Luzy was supposed to fear me.... Not a failure for a hunter like you, you know Belos will never take you back into the business if you even if you killed the prey, that's what you've always hoped for, right..?" Amity tainted her as she reached a hand over to grab the Slitherbeast by its head.

Taking them away by the hair as they disappeared into the dark.

...

Slam---click

"And can I ask what you are doing here in my house with Zarola?" Willow questioned when she turned around to see Boscha slam and lock the door shut behind them.

"Somebody came after us," Skara answered as she hurriedly glanced out the window.

"After you both?" Willow hummed, asking, "Leigh, you're a Healer just like me, nobody is allowed to kill the Healers no matter the situation."

Boscha rolled her eyes, immediately tripping on her foot toward the two.

Luckily, Skara caught her in time.

"What's wrong with you?" Willow asked with a raised brow when that happened.

Boscha laughed with sarcasm, "I was not axed on the foot on the way here, Genius. Pretty deep... Leigh even said she never saw the bone."

"Right.." Willow got up from her seat to walk over to them.

"I'm not good with healing wounds this deep so I rushed her to you since you've studied being a Healer since you were young and after you dropped out of being a Hunter because you really can't hurt a fly.." Skara said.

"Move over, please," Willow asked as she drew a large healing spell.

"Do you know how the incantation for deep wounds works?" Skara wondered.

"Yeah... I do." Willow nodded before beginning to heal the large gash.

Boscha bit her lip when a hellfire-searing pain covered every nerve that was alive on her bleeding foot.