Chapter 34: No reparable

Eda sighed before having to confess to it now.

"I have cancer." She said.

Lilith shot up.

"What!!!?!!!?" She yelled.

"Oh! Shut up! Don't overreact!" Eda yelled.

Lilith sprung up from her chair and yelled, "you're meaning to tell me you had cancer when you suggested being a fucking prey!?"

Eda groaned, gritting her teeth before saying, "I didn't know what to do!! And besides, it was just on stage 1!"

Lilith huffed and sat back down, leaning her head down to both hands as she muttered out, "w... What..."

"What kind..?" She asked.

Eda clutched the bedsheets.

"Lung cancer." She said.

"You're lying... You're fucking lying, don't make fun with that, Emersion..." Lilith muttered before throwing her hands beside her as she stood back up and faced the wall far away from the bed.

"I'm not..." Eda mumbled.

"God damnit, Edalyn!!!" Lilith yelled before punching the wall.

It broke a chip or two as she rested her temple and sighed.

There was a moment of silence before Eda sighed and said, "I had surgery before it got worse but... The money was enough only for that because I had to get surgery for the bullet wound you gave me."

Lilith kept quiet.

"I got lucky I was able to survive walking to a hospital..." Eda said.

"They were able to get the cancer out but I couldn't afford chemotherapy or other treatments to help if any cancer was still in me... It came back after a few years or so while I was trying to earn money differently." She continued before ending, "right now... It's... On stage 3 and I've been taking these... Substances called elixir that Miller gives me."

"Is that why... You sound normal..?" Lilith muttered.

Eda gulped and looked away.

"Yeah... It's one of the reasons why I sound normal and not hoarse... And also why I can move like I'm healthy and fine." She said.

Lilith sighed and walked over beside Eda and held her hands on both.

"Why didn't you tell me you were suffering that much?" She asked under her breath.

Eda laughed before saying, "Lily... You're my sister, I don't wanna make it seem like I kiss up to you as your younger sister. We're both supposed to be kissed up to by the others, not each other, dummy."

Lilith snickered a bit, still, it sounded sad as she sighed and tried to hold a cry behind her throat.

"Listen... I might've not been the best younger sister but I don't wanna burden you by saying I got cancer at a young age." Eda said.

Lilith sighed before letting out a dejected chuckle.

"Fuck... You said you'd stop smoking... You said you wouldn't smoke like mom and dad when an old lady took us in as hers." She said.

Eda frowned and covered her eyes.

"Sorry..." She said.

"I'm an asshole I know..." She added.

"Damn right you're a fucking asshole, Edalyn..." Lilith cried.

...

"Oop--"