Chapter 88: Mascotas de barrera

"Lee!!!"

"Wha--"

Luz was brought into a tight hug by Gus and Willow when she arrived.

She smiled before flinching when she saw Gus crying loudly.

"Ah--G-Gus?!? Why are you crying!?" She stammered.

"Because now I know you really aren't dead!!! Do you know how sad I was when they just went and concluded that you're dead now after searching for three whole months everywhere!??" Gus cried out.

'Three what now?' Luz meekly smiled.

This was all her fault no takebacks.

"Lo siento.(I'm sorry.)" She said.

Gus sniffled and whimpered as Luz tried to assure him while wiping his tears with a towel.

"How about you, Will?" She asked.

Willow smiled and wiped a single tear.

"I'm really happy." She said.

Luz smiled.

"Oh! Now that I think about it, what did I miss all these months??" She said.

"I'm pretty sure we'll have to ask you where you've been first." Willow said.

Luz perked up.

"Oh! Right, you two need an explanation!" She chimed.

...

"And that's how it was." Luz said, finishing up with her explanation before taking a sip of her drink.

Willow and Gus exchanged glances at one another before one of them cleared their throat and said, "so... You've been in your room the whole time?"

Luz nodded.

"Pretty much, yeah." She said.

"But you look so different though." Gus chimed.

"Really?" Luz chirped looking around her.

Gus walked over and felt around Luz's arm. He gasped in awe.

"Woah..." He said.

Willow raised a brow.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

Luz stared at him.

"I didn't know you started to work out for five whole months! Are you preparing for something like a battle?" Gus wondered.

Luz meekly smiled.

"I... I well... I mean... I Guess I am??" She said, unsure of what to say as Gus went back to his seat.

"All this time you've just been training on your own?" Willow wondered.

"Yeah! I want to protect Amity! So I trained to become strong!" Luz cheered herself on.

Willow chuckled before asking, "but isn't Amity capable of that herself?"

Luz raised a brow.

"She's what?" She chirped.

"Luz..." Willow stifled a laugh under a hand.