Chapter 23: Próximo

Amity tiredly blinked, rubbing her eyes awake over the sound of what seemed like a loud thud, her head heavied down in tiredness to fall back asleep in the back.

"Are you sure the car won't get scratched??" Emira asked as she watched a man in a grey suit yell what she can be sure of was profanities while slamming a bat on the car.

"Yeah, I'm sure... Mom told me all of the cars are made with the best kind of material, and Dad even said the scratching this thing would take anybody a miracle for a joke." Edric said as he patiently tapped unto the wheel in wait for the traffic light to go green.

But when it did, the grey suited man just stood in the way.

Edric sighed.

"Should I run over him?" He asked.

"Nahh..." Emira hummed as she glanced over the rear view mirror.

"Chase is impressionable." She added.

Edric huffed.

"Are you sure?? If Chase wakes up to him still hitting the car and yelling, she might have the urges to kill him." He said before continuing with, "and yeah, I know that killing anybody that's not in the round is natural and isn't against any rule... But like you said, Chase is impressionable."

"Should we lower all of the windows to hear what he's yelling?" Emira asked.

"Go for it." Edric shrugged.

Emira huffed as she reached on the lower keypads and lowered all windows to a thin opening, not to big for anyone to shove their whole hand or arm inside though.

"Get the fuck out of the car!!!"

The twins felt a twitch in their own faces when they heard that.

Amity was still asleep. Good to know.

"Do you need something, Sir?" Emira asked through the crack.

"Yeah, I fucking do!! I want that guy in the driver seat to get his sorry ass out of the car right now!"

Emira glanced over to Edric who gave her a confused yet baffled look.

"Did you do something to him??" Emira asked.

"Not that I can recall off..." Edric said.

Emira huffed and raised a brow as the yelling became a background noise over a few cars behind them pressing their horns over the traffic they were causing.

"Well, I do recall him trying to cut us off in the highway." Edric said.

Emira glanced back over to the guy who was still yelling and somehow, out of nowhere. The guy had managed to break one of the back seat doors.

Can you believe me when I say the guy had yanked Amity out of the back by her shirt?

And here you can think of Amity being a safety hunter to put on her seatbelt.

"Chase!!" The twins yelled as they both got out of the car.

The guy had thrown the kid to the ground which had finally caught a few people's attention towards him in the process.

Amity opened eye to see what was happening. She was still tired even from her nap as she glanced around her confused of why she was outside.

"Fucking come closer and I'll beat the shit out of whoever this kid is!!" The man yelled as he began pointing his bat at everyone around them.

Some were trying to call the emergency hotline without him noticing here.

The twins were now angered here.

"Get the fuck away from her..." Emira growled with bawled fists.

"What's up..? And ow... My head..??" Amity sat up yawning as Edric broke from his trance.

"Chase..!" He yelled as he hurried to his knees in front of Amity.

"Are you ok!? Are you hurt!??" He stammered out while checking Amity's face.

Amity raised a brow in confusion of he situation as she mumbled out, "I'm fine?? What's up? I feel like I hit my head on a bed frame or something."

Edric relieved a bit from that.

Amity still had some humor in her.

"Are you sure you're ok though? You hit your head on the ground hard." He said.

Amity stared at him, still confused as she patted the back of her head to check.

"Nope, no blood. Why?? Did something happen?" She said while their to stand up.

Edric was immediate into carrying Amity up who never cared or mind.

"Gargh!! Argh!! Ughrgh!!"

Edric and Amity glanced at where the music of pain was coming from.

Emira was punching the suited guy in the face, not too far from them.

"So... Something did happen? And it was also bad??" Amity hummed as Edric helped him back inside the car.

"Well... Yeah, and I almost lost it completely if I hadn't taken notice of you sooner than Holter, now stay put because I'm gonna have to grab Holter back into what we're supposed to be doing here." Edric said.

Amity huffed.

"Oh... Wow." She commented before grabbing her phone from out of her jacket.

...

"Ok... You're not the type to kill me in public at the moment so I'm safe as long as I'm in a crowded place like the park." Luz wondered as Roselle continued to bandage her wound up.

Roselle nodded.

"Yes, I might be old but I still have this kind of dignity to not show a murder in people's eyes." She said, chuckling a bit as Luz meekly smiled while holding her bandaged hand in the other.

Luz was silent for a still moment before she muttered our, "why are all the hunters so confusing..?"

In the very least, it brought an amused fit of laughter to Roselle.

...

"Oh, I found her." Edric said as he pointed at the large windows for walls that patted them from the arcades.

Emira raised a brow before squinting her eyes a bit to see where Edric was pointing at.

"No... That's not her smell." Amity huffed.

The twins exchanged confused looks at each other.

"Smell??" They asked themselves before hurrying behind Amity.

"Do have some sort of keen sense of smell? Like dad has, Chase??" Edric asked.

Amity glanced over to him with only one word.

"Probably."

Emira patted Edric's shoulder with a look of 'you tried your best here, now shut up'.

"Is it closer to a yes or a no?" She asked, with Amity having to only shrug by the shoulders in response.

"So is that a yes?" Emira asked.

"Kind of..." Amity huffed.