Chapter 52: Mano amiga

Luz opened her bedroom door to see a comfy yet modern looking bedroom.

It looked just like Amity's if she were to change the fact that Amity's room was a little more used.

Sighing, she took the boxes that belonged to her and began unpacking out her things.

After a while through her stuff, a knock came from her door.

Perking up, she walked over to greet who was on the other side.

Camila smiled while handing her an old and somewhat dusty paper-wrapped journal.

Luz was ready to learn when she took it in her hands.

"Make sure to take care of it, ok?" Camila said.

Luz nodded.

"Will do!" She exclaimed before going back to whatever she was doing a minute ago.

...

"Chase?" Emira called while knocking on the door.

Amity wiped the red smear from her face and threw the bird off of the balcony.

Walking over, she opened the door and tilted her head slightly in front of Emira.

Emira frowned and crossed her arms.

"Your shirt is bloody again..." She sighed before continuing with, "anyway, I came to ask how your help with Lee went."

Amity hummed before saying, "she got in... Although she doesn't know how to fight... Somehow..."

Emira raised a brow.

"Doesn't know how to fight?? But we saw her kill a senior hunter?" She asked.

Amity shrugged.

"I dunno... Sounds more like her ability is by instinct than use, but... She'll figure it out soon. She'll be tested tomorrow for her assassination abilities anyway." She said.

Emira perked up and held the door just before Amity could close it.

"And what are you going to do about it?" She asked.

"Nothing, I guess." Amity said.

Emira sighed deeply before saying, "Amity Blight..."

Amity loosened her hold on the handle to listen when she looked up at Emira's face.

"If Lee fails this, she will immediately be kicked out of joining. The paperwork she signed are all useless, it's just there for her to be able to live here in Hexside, it's not included with her getting into the business." Emira explained.

Amity placed a hand on her chin.

"Huh... So what you're saying is that I should teach her a thing or two with common weapons?" She pondered.

'Ehh... Close enough.' Emira thought before saying, "correct, now go and help her. I can't do much here since you seemed to have banned me from getting near her."

Amity snickered.

"You attract anyone towards you, of course you're banned. You already have a girlfriend y'now." She chuckled.