Chapter 43: Escalofríos

Luz was somehow shivering from shock when Amity suddenly threw a knife at the officer and hit them in the neck.

And that gurgling call of help that came from the drowning officer made it worse for her to feel calm at the situation more.

'No... You can't get scared, Luz..! Stop!'

Calming herself down, she took a step back when Amity began unlocking the cell.

'Don't get scared, damnit! Stop it...' Luz gulped as she walked out with Amity grinning at her.

"You reek of fear..." Amity wondered.

Luz's eyes widened as she took a step back away from her.

"W... What are you talking about?" She stuttered.

Amity chuckled, she was way too amused now.

"Luzy, I can hear it and I can also see it in your eyes... You're scared, Luzy." She said as she took a step forward.

Luz stepped backward in retort.

"Since when??" She asked, forcing a meek smile to her face as she tried to keep a distance from her and Amity.

"Sweetie? Why did you jump out of the car? Sweetie??"

Amity paused when Odalia appeared by the front calling for her when she walked inside.

Luz was confused as she glanced back and forth at Amity and Odalia.

"Who's this boy, sweetie?" Odalia asked when she crossed her arms in front of Luz.

"Boy..?" Luz mumbled under her breathe.

'Boy..?' Amity thought before she snickered and said, "her name is Luz."

Odalia perked up.

"Her??" She scoffed before placing her hands on her waist.

"It would seem you've made a lot of new friends this past week. Bring her with us, she seems like a good friend to bring to have dinner with us." She said.

"What..!?" Luz shot up but before she could reason her way out, Amity had already held her hand.

Oh, well.

Without much choice at hand, she followed beside Amity.

...

"Sweetie, how did you exactly meet this person called Luz?" Odalia asked while reading through her book.

Amity hummed before saying, "school."

"School? Is it the one your private mentor suggested to the principal?" Odalia wondered.

"Yes, that, exactly, mom." Amity nodded.

Odalia smiled a bit before she glanced at the rearview mirror and eyed Luz who stared out the window.

"And how about you, Luz?" She began.

Luz perked up and yanked her gaze from the window.

"Yes??" She stammered.

"How did you meet our sweet daughter in your school?" Odalia asked.

Luz was sweating bullets as she tried to find the right words for her answer.

"Oh, uhh... We met... Well, it's pretty embarrassing, I'm not sure if I should even say it..." She stammered.

"It's alright, go on." Odalia chuckled.

Luz mentally sighed.

"Well... I was just shoved into a trash bin by a group of bullies and... While I was trying to get myself out, Amity along with Willow and Gus were about to pass by but spotted me struggling to get out." She said.

Odalia held a snicker down.

"Is that so?" She asked.

"Yeah... I smelled like trash the whole day for that..." Luz said, laughing meekly over the memory.

Odalia chuckled in amusement.

"I see... I should've wondered how our mittens got all that blood in her uniform in a video call one time when I and my husband were in Paris." She said before continuing with, "although, I shouldn't even question too much whenever she'd go home bloody head to toe..."

Luz was confused by that.

"And the thought of that suddenly made me realize something..." Odalia hummed, closing her book before looking over her shoulder and saying, "sweetie dear, please burn the children in the basement soon, the staff in the business are not at all keen at feeding them three times a day."

Luz was very confused by that.

'What the hell..?' her mind was trying to figure the conversation out.

"Mom, if they don't want to feed them, they can just let them starve to death or incinerate them now." Amity said before grinning when Luz felt fear over what the topic was turning into.

Luz flinched when Amity glanced at her, yanking her eye over to the window without question. She was not going to be dinner here at all cost.

"Incinerating them now would be more efficient although, dropping them in Antarctica with heavyweight chained to their legs would be nicer." Alador said, laughing a bit before he turned the car over and into an underground parking lot.

Luz watched as everything went dark on her side of the window.

"It's been quite a while since we did have some mittens time, hasn't it? What do you say, sweetie?" Odalia said.

Amity placed a hand under her chin.

"Antarctica for next week sounds nice, can big brother and big sister come with us too?" She said.

Luz felt out of place now.

"Of course, all of us can go to Antarctica and drown some children. How's that sound?" Odalia said.

Luz was really out of place here. That is not normal for her, and she didn't want to be one of those children.

"Sounds great," Amity smiled before she perked up and said, "oh, I almost forgot, Luzy says she wants to be a hunter."

Alador held the car back when one of the black limousines began passing by. In wait, he glanced at the rearview mirror and asked, "Luz wants to be a hunter, huh..? Does she understand what the business is for and what it means to be a hunter??"

"No." Amity declined.

"Then why would you think she'll get into the business as a hunter that easily??" Alador laughed, amused he found himself as he moved the car to park it.

Slowly backing into the parking spot.

The car immediately shifted into a sudden pause when Amity said, "Luzy wants to become a hunter so that she doesn't exterminate everyone that's in the public round at the moment."

Both her parents had full attention towards her now.