Chapter 38: Nuevo

Amity yawned as she tried to fix her gloves on.

"Mittens, hurry up."

She smiled when Emira called for her.

"Coming!!" She called back over as she rushed tying her laces together before running out of her room.

Alador immediately caught up to her.

"Woah, woah... Easy, what's the rush? That's very inappropriate for a hunter, they must have strong endurance, Amity." He said.

Amity tilted her head in confusion.

"What's endurance??" She asked.

Alador was more confused than her.

Hunters were supposed to be taught about everything that makes up the perfect hunter and yet, his own daughter didn't know that? Oh, no.

"What do you mean by that question, Amity?"

In came Odalia standing behind Alador.

Amity glanced over to her and pointed a finger to her chin.

"Uhm... The mentors didn't say anything about it so I don't know what it is." She shrugged.

Alador and Odalia exchanged oddly confused expressions to one another.

The twins frowned as Edric hurried over and grabbed Amity by the hand.

"We'll be late, dad, we should go now." Edric excused himself with Amity behind him as Emira opened the door.

Alador stood back up and placed hands on his upper waist.

"Is it just me or has Amity's grades been slipping out of place as well?" Odalia wondered when she took a look at Amity's filing records.

Alador glanced over to look.

"It would seem so, dear... It looks like we'll need to talk with one of the mentors." He said.

...

"Hi, Amity!" Willow called over while waving a hand.

Amity wore a cherry blossomed smile as she rushed over calling Willow's name back.

There was never a moment that these two would encounter one another and not throw hugs at each other in their usual chippy greeting.

The twins laughed and sat down three tables away from the two.

...

Amity laughed as she tried to catch Willow who ran from her.

Edric smiled while watching the two play around.

"Don't get too close to the shore, you two." Emira called out while helping herself down the stairs to sit beside her twin.

Edric continued to eat his sandwich before folding the trash neatly and tucking it away to throw somewhere else later.

Willow ran for Amity when she had gotten tagged.

Both fell laughing though.

As the twins watched Amity enjoy childhood as it'll end soon.

Because it will end soon. And now.

...

"I can't believe you two..." Odalia said.