Chapter 24: La creación

"I don't know you so can you at least... Not make it seem like we know each other or something?" Luz asked as she tried to walk away from Roselle who in more than a fact, was following beside her.

Trailing her even.

"I can't do that now... I'd have to wait fifty minutes until your location is given out if I were to part ways with you." Roselle said.

"Can you run?" Luz asked.

"I'm too old to run now." Roselle said before pausing as she watched Luz dash off.

"What a smart child." She hummed as she walked off on her own.

...

"Augh--"

Luz toppled backward to the floor with someone when she grabbed them by their shirt in reflex.

Hitting the cold floors with a thump, she tried to glance up to see who she had pulled along with her.

It was Mattholomule.

"You..." He growled with Luz quickly kicking him in the crotch and running off.

Mattholomule was left wheezing in pain as he tried to numb out the unbearable pain.

"Sorry!" Luz yelled as she ran away from him.

It was immediately followed over by someone yelling out to her from behind.

Glancing over her shoulder, it was Steve. What a turn of events now.

"You've got to be kidding me..!" Luz mumbled as she hurried for the stairs beside the elevators.

Pressing one of the elevator buttons, she shifted her footing and rushed for the stairs.

Without much question did she run up them, ignoring the slight slipperiness it gave to her shoes as she hurried up to a lower floor of the mall.

Who cares anyway?

All she needed to do was get away from there, away from them. And at all costs too.

"Oof!"

Wow, Luz really should look at where she runs.

Bumping into someone again, she shot up to calm herself down when she realized it was just Eda.

"Eda..!?" She raised a look of confusion towards Eda who just smiled when she saw her.

"Luz! Finally, I caught up to you." Eda said before they both perked up over the sound of someone running down the stairs.

Without much question did Eda grab Luz by her wrist and pulled themselves inside one of the opening elevators.

Pressing for the ground floors, Luz relieved a sigh as Eda began explaining everything to her.

"You're an assistant now..? Wait! Now..!?"

Eda hushed her down.

"Yes, and don't ask more questions right now until we get you out in the clear ok?" She said as they both stood waiting for the elevator doors to slide open to the first floors.

They were immediately met with it opening in the fourth and the sound of Eda's phone ringing loud to her.

It was from Steve.