Chapter 63: Nuevo día

Luz gulped before opening the door and walking inside.

It was her first day with a mentor and other official hunters.

There weren't many in her section of class, there were only three other people than her along with the mentor.

"Ah, Lee."

Luz meekly smiled and shook his hand.

"Hello, Sir." She said.

"Call me mentor Frederick." He said.

Luz nodded.

"Hello, mentor Frederick." She rephrased.

Alex nodded smiling at her before introducing the others.

"No need... I sort of know all of them, they're Morris, Parker, Peet, and Douglas." Luz chuckled.

"Ahh, yes, the field around the building." Alex hummed before continuing with, "it's a magical fie--"

"It's alright, mentor Frederick, I already know about the invisible field around the building." Luz chuckled.

Alex felt a tang of irritation behind his back as he forced a chuckle out of his throat before clearing it out loud.

"How so?" He asked.

"Well, Amity kind of explained it to me once." Luz laughed.

Everyone in the room felt a shiver behind their back.

Alex knelt in front of Luz on one knee and asked, "the Blights?"

Luz nodded meekly.

Alex stood back up nodding before leading Luz over to sit with the others before beginning his lesson of the day.

...

Coughing out loud, Eda looked down at her palm to see blood.

She sighed.

Wiping her hand clean, she huffed, thinking it all over again before grabbing her phone to make a call.

Waiting for the call to pick up, she felt assured when it did pick up.

"Hello, Emersion? What is it?" Lilith asked.

Eda glanced around the dark room before saying, "hey... Big sis.... Uhm..."

Lilith felt worried, furrowing her brows, she placed her work down and stood up from her desk.

"Edalyn..?" She muttered.

Eda sighed out loud, rubbing her temple, she coughed violently before muttering out, "listen, uhm... I don't... Have that much... Time... Anymore."

Lilith frowned.

"Edalyn, where are you?" She asked as she hurried out of her office.

Eda sighed once again before grimacing a laugh.

"The elixir... Isn't working all too well anymore and... I have only one request." She said.

Lilith stopped in her tracks in the hallway.

"What is it?" She asked.

Eda hummed before asking, "can you bring Lee with you?"

...