Chapter 84: Cuentos

Amity was very intrigued by Luz's story.

"And that's what happened!" Luz said after finishing with her story.

Amity chuckled before saying, "so let me get this straight... You found a hidden library and got too interested with the books there for five months without starving or getting dehydrated?"

Luz nodded.

"How?" Amity asked.

"Magic." Luz shrugged.

Amity snickered.

"Heheheh--now I get to be the one fooling around." Luz grinned in her adoration.

Amity chuckled whilst nodding.

"Of course." She said.

Luz smiled talking more before jumping a bit over her phone ringing.

Excusing herself for a moment, Amity sat quietly in her seat in wait.

"Hola, mamá, ¿qué pasa?(Hi, mom, what's up?)" Luz said.

Amity watched as Luz slowly wore an embarrassed look frowning down into a small ball in front of her.

"Lo siento, tuve que hacer algo y lo olvidé por completo, ¡te prometo que volveré a casa, mamá!(Sorry I had to do something and I totally forgot about it, I promise I'll come home, mom!)" Luz said before giving her farewells and dropping the call.

Amity raised a brow.

"Who was that?" She asked.

"Oh, it's just my mamá." Luz shrugged.

"You seemed a little down while on a call with her, did something come up?" Amity asked.

"Yeah, I didn't tell her specifically that I was going to go on a date with you and just... Never told her about it, I think she's probably angry at me for not going home sooner than later." Luz explained.

Amity grinned and laid back on the chai.

"Oh... So you 'mintió'.('lied')" She wondered.

Luz frowned.

"No, I just didn't tell her." She said.

"Mantener un secreto es difícil, Luzy.(Keeping a secret is difficult, Luzy.)" Amity cooed.

"How hard can it be?? You've kept a lot of secrets from me y'now." Luz said.

"No, I didn't." Amity chuckled.

"What??" Luz chirped.

"If you wanted to know about anything from me, you can just ask." Amity whistled over.

Luz frowned.

"Yeah, right." She scoffed.

"There's no way you would, you'll probably change it and stuff." She said.

"Then that would be lying, I'm no liar." Amity threw a cheerful grin.

Luz fell for it.

"I guess you're right, you always tell me anything when I ask." She sighed.

Amity smiled.

"See? I don't keep secrets." She lied.

...

"Hey, hey, hey! ¡¡Para!!(Hey Hey hey! Stop!!)" Luz whined.

"How come?" Amity laughed.

Luz huffed ruffling her hair back.

"Because I just cut it right after I took a shower and to be honest here, I worked hard on keeping this style." She pouted.