Chapter 69: Picotear

Willow clutched the pen in her hand.

"Why are you asking me that?" She said.

Luz grumbled on the other end before saying, "do you know someone named Parker? He's in my section and all and... We got into a fight, well, more like bullying towards me since... He said I should die for replacing her sister beside Amity."

Willow shifted in her seat, rubbing her temple, she sighed and looked down before glancing out the window.

The moon was high up.

"Yeah, she did... Just after I became a healer, I've heard a lot about Amity dating more than once, it always ends fast that's why I don't bother but... Each that she dated was entranced for her, it was as if she's poisoned them to rely only on her." She said.

"Oh... Veo.(Oh... I see.)" Luz muttered before asking, "which one am I? Am I supposed to be her fiftieth date?"

Willow mused the sudden joke to lighten the mood.

"I don't know, really." She shrugged before continuing with, "she doesn't talk much about what happened to the other relationships she's had before you and I don't want to get caught up on her again, she'll hate me for that."

Luz laughed.

"So... She did love someone else before me, huh?" She scoffed.

"I'm not sure about that, but... I should go now, I'm still busy working on a few assessments." Willow said.

"Huh? You mean assignments??" Luz chirped.

"Nope and goodnight, Luz." Willow said before hanging up.

...

Luz sighed.

"Goodnight to you too..." She muttered while sitting in a dark bedroom.

Staring out the balcony, she sighed and clutched her shirt.

"¿Por qué me las esconde?(Why are you hiding them from me?)" She mumbled incoherently before groaning and shoving herself down on the bed while ruffling her hair into a mess.

She grumbled and held herself while laying on her side.

'Why does this bother me..!?' she thought while trying to get sleep.

...

"Uughh--"

Luz opened an eye to see that Parker had shoved her into a blind spot.

He didn't look all too happy just like yesterday.

"What do you want and why are you doing this!?" Luz scoffed.

"Hey... If you really want me to stop, then let my sister knock senses to your head." Parker growled as he stepped aside, letting a young girl, perhaps three years older than Luz walks forward and stand in front of her.

Luz gulped. She didn't like the tension she was feeling.

"You see, the only reason my sister fell in love with Chase is that she was praised for her ability to make anyone weaker than her cower in fear. You're weaker than her y'now that?" Parker pondered while patting Penny's head.

Luz furrowed her brows as she felt a shift in the air. It felt heavy. Suddenly, she found herself sitting inside a Ferris Wheel up high. It put her in complete fear to fall to her knees.