Chapter 39: Peligro

Oh, dear, oh, no. A missing kindergarten hunter was not something Hexside would want to have at any cost given for it. Who knows what kind of manipulation will be given to young minds to follow another person's footsteps under them instead.

There was a slam on the principal's door as Alador and Odalia yelled only one thing.

"Amity is missing!"

Bump immediately felt concerned over that as he grabbed the phone beside him.

Pressing on the last digits for five seconds, a long distorted line came before it went silent.

"This is a blackjack. I repeat, a blackjack." He said before dropping the phone.

Well, it was enough to alert any available hunter around to scope the building and outside the building with Alador and Odalia.

...

"Why are we going to the bridge? Mom and dad said we're grounded." Edric wondered while hurrying behind his twin.

"Mittens might've gone to the bridge." Emira said before holding Edric's hand and crossing the other side of the road.

...

"Amity?"

Amity paused when she heard someone call her.

Turning around, it was Willow.

"Willow!" She exclaimed as she rushed over.

Ignoring the cars passing by them, Willow smiled at Amity before gasping when someone tall appeared behind Amity.

"Why are you out here on your own, Willow?" Amity wondered as she held Willow's hands.

Willow meekly smiled as she said, "let's go back home."

Amity frowned.

"But I just got here??" She asked.

"Uhm... We can play when we get home." Willow suggested as she took a step back, pulling Amity slightly with her when the tall figure suddenly began approaching them.

"But Mr. Hat said he wanted to talk to me?" Amity wondered.

...

"Where are the twins!?" Odalia yelled after slamming the doors shut.

Alador was speechless.

Suddenly, Bump came through the speaker again.

"This is a white jack, I repeat, a white jack."

The situation just got worse.

...

Edric hurried beside Emira as they both got a view of Amity and Willow.

"Amity!" They called out before gasping when Amity suddenly pushed Willow off of the bridge and suddenly jumped thereafter.

"Amity!!!"

...

"They're both fine but Belos will hear a word from this. They need to change if they both have to stay."