Chapter 27: Arruinar

Amity sat talking of everything she once did with Alador as Edric kept himself paranoid looking around them while listening.

"And then he slipped and fell, he almost drowned trying to catch the fish back which was funny." Amity said before glancing up and asking, "are you listening?"

Edric smiled and said, "yes, I am, Chase. So did dad live?"

"If he really did drown for real we wouldn't be back home so soon." Amity laughed before laying down on the grass.

Edric chuckled before shifting his rifle towards the path he and Amity came from.

"Don't shoot."

Edric lowered his rifle over the female voice.

Out from the dark came Emira, waving at them while carrying a decapitated head.

Amity gasped and gave a smile.

"You had a lot of fun didn't you..?" She hummed with a tilted head.

Emira laughed before tossing the head over to Edric.

"Hmm..? Who's that guy?" She asked over the diver who was still somehow alive, yet weak to the bone to only be laying breathing heavily.

"Tried to drown, Chase." Edric answered.

Emira hummed glancing over the river, she looked down before smiling and aiming her pistol down at it.

Shooting once, blood began to paint the river down as a body slowly flew to the surface and down the stream.

"Huh... Didn't notice that." Amity shrugged.

"They didn't stink of fear but they lit with fear." Emira said before tucking her pistol away.

Amity sniggered at her sister's remark before she burst into laughter from it.

Edric smiled before tucking his rifle behind his back to carry Amity in his arms.

"C'mon, upsy daisy, let's head back to the site to check up on Lee." He said as Emira led the way back to camp.

...

Amity leaned on the open left back door window.

"She's not here... Luzy's not here..." She grumbled.

Edric scratched the back of his head.

"Weird, I was sure I locked the car both inside and outside..." He pondered as he looked around.

There was not a single sign of forced entry and yet, Luz was nowhere in sight.

Amity frowned and eyed Edric.

"You left her in the car..?" She asked.

"Well, we didn't have much of a choice and it's safer in the car than anywhere else..." Edric said, forcing a meek laugh from his throat as he locked the doors back up.

Amity leaned back, letting the windows slide up as she walked over to Emira from afar who was checking the men she attacked.

"Huh?" Emira perked up when she felt Amity's presence beside her before asking, "what is it, Chase?"

"Luzy is gone..." Amity hummed.

Emira smiled lightly as she dropped the corpse's head back down to the ground.