Chapter 55: Victoria de luz

"That's a good wake up call." Jacky laughed before shoving Leur forward and in front of Luz.

Leur caught his breath as he wiped the grime on his chin and blood on his cheek.

Luz gulped, eyeing the bloody boy.

'¿¡En qué me acabo de meter!?'('What did I just get into!?') she thought before yanking her gaze beside her when Jacky appeared up close to her face.

"Kindergarten hunters love a good fight, this loser just sent both his friends to the healer's office y'now and since everybody here has got a good fight, you're the only one available to take on as his next opponent." Jacky explained.

Luz was confused.

"W... What..? I'm not fighting him!" She said.

Everyone immediately began yelling profanities at her when she declined.

Leur continued to take a breather while holding his fists up close to his chin.

Luz didn't want to be there.

"Ok, I am not joi--Aagh?!"

She was immediately punched in the face for trying.

"Listen, newcomer, the only way out of this is to win fighting me." Leur scoffed before screaming as he lunged forward, pulling Luz by her jacket and dragging her over a table.

Clatter

Thud

Crash

"Uufgh-"

Luz growled when her back ached hitting the floor.

Leur breathed a loud sigh as he rushed immediately gripping Luz's neck.

Luz choked as she tried to pull Leur's hands off of her.

Leur scowled.

"Just fucking die!!!" He yelled, his grip tightening as blood began trickling down from his nose.

"Augh--" Luz wheezed, her breath becoming hot, growling as she gripped on Leur's arm.

Everyone was cheering him on as Luz was almost out of breath.

In panic and instinct, Luz threw a punch and knocked a few teeth out of Leur's upper jaw.

Gasping, she sat up trying to get a breather as she tried to push Leur off of her.

She had successfully knocked him out.

Everyone was silent.

That was unexpected.

And out of that silence, came a round of clapping from someone behind the crowd.

Everyone glanced over to see Amity grinning wide.

"I'm impressed, Luzy..." Amity said as she walked through the crowd and offered a hand.

Luz heaved staring up at her, her nose, cheek, and neck ached in pain as she clicked his tongue and took the offered hand.

Amity took a step back when Luz tripped slightly forward and clutched her shoulder.

"Yo ... quiero ir a otro lado, vamos a otro lado.(I... I want to go elsewhere, let's go elsewhere.)" Luz muttered.

Amity raised a brow and leaned over to feel Luz's breath. It was extremely hot.

"¿Fiebre?(Fever?)" She wondered before leading the way.

...

Luz breathed on Amity's shoulder.

They were able to get away but Luz was in no state able to go up the stairs.