Chapter 62: Tatuaje Invisible

Odalia chippered when she saw her husband walk down the stairs not too scathed as she would have expected.

"Water, dear?" She asked while offering a bottle of water.

Alador nodded and took it.

Bang

Bang

Bang

Alador huffed, wiping his chin dry, he glanced out the broken windows to see Emira holding someone into an arm lock.

"You taught her well." Odalia commented.

Alador smiled.

"I taught them all well." He corrected.

Emira relieved a sigh as she took her hold off of Kyle when he stopped moving in her hold.

Sighing, she tucked her knife away before glancing over her side to see her parents. She waved smiling at them before flinching when her phone rang.

It was Amity.

"Yes, Chase?" She asked.

Amity hummed, rocking her feet back and forth carelessly before saying, "where's Apsat at?"

Emira glanced up.

"The building you're in." She said.

"Tell him to get out of there, he might take in too much of the poison in the air up there, and tell mom and dad I'll be waiting in the car for you all." Amity said before hopping off of the table and making her way for the stairs down.

Emira hung up and quickly made a call for her twin.

...

Luz sat up from the bed and examined her bandaged hands.

They were just bandaged weirdly as if to hide something from her.

"Wil, did I hurt my hands??" She asked.

Willow glanced over and sighed.

"No, they just placed a mark on you." She said.

Luz raised a brow.

"A mark?" She asked.

Willow nodded.

"You can only see it with the special light on a business phone." She said before grabbing the phone and showing her mark to Luz while saying, "here, I'll show mine."

Luz glanced over and saw a symbol shine on Willow's arm. She was in awe.

"Woah!! It's like having a tattoo that shines in the dark! Glow in the dark!" She exclaimed.

Willow chuckled.

"Well, everyone who passed the test has this, the kindergartners don't have these just yet because they're still training for the test." She said.

Luz felt around her bandaged hands. They didn't hurt but she was curious.

"How do these marks work here?" She asked.

Willow thought it over before starting with, "well, when you succeed in passing you're taken to the healer's office to have it tattooed unto you, it doesn't matter where you want it as long as you get it. It has different classes, H for the hunters, H for healers, and A for assistants."