Bugging Me

Chan's POV

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

I observed as Y/n darted past the door, her steps buoyant with happiness. She seemed elated, and while I shared in her joy, a nagging thought lingered in my mind. "Now that she's gone," the old man spoke up, drawing my attention. "You're Bang Chan, right? From that abandoned lab with the twin, correct?"

Ah, that's what had been bothering me.

The moment our eyes met, it felt as if he was scrutinizing every action I had ever taken. It was apparent that he knew about me and the past. Shifting my gaze to him, I noticed a serious expression on his face, with Addison by the bed also watching me intently. "You seem to know a lot about that community for someone who lost his memories."

"It's stuck in me... I remember it like yesterday. I found James wandering near the woods while I was traveling around there. He was unharmed, but he kept pleading for help."

Help? That didn't seem like something I could imagine James ever doing. However, if Arthur was involved, it didn't seem any more impossible to fathom.

"I accompanied him. He brought me to that lab. The place was awful and sickening, like a mad killer was brought back alive in there and went on a killing spree." I chuckled at his statement. He wasn't entirely wrong—I did go on a killing spree that day. Oh, the joy and memories. I could see how disturbed the two were by my reaction. "Sorry, go on."

"... He showed me Arthur's condition. He wasn't breathing properly and was sick. I was a doctor back then, so I did everything in my power to save him. It's my duty-"

"Regretting it now?" My tone carried a teasing edge.

Of course, he regretted helping them. Who wouldn't, considering what they had done? I didn't need his explanation; James had documented everything in his journal, and I had grasped their backstory.

"Regret is not enough for what I'm feeling now. I heard stories about you and how they looked up to you..." He shifted his body slightly to get a better view of me. "You must know by now that everyone who underwent the treatment in that lab never endured. Arthur was already at his brink when I met him, and James wasn't long after. They lost their immortality slowly."

This was surprising, yet not entirely unexpected. It was bound to happen.

He scrutinized me from head to toe as if studying me. "This is my first time seeing you other than in pictures, but I can't seem to find any flaw in you or any sign of near-death."