Market Place

Swiftly distancing myself from Chan, I acted on instinct and gently pushed him further back until he was leaning against the bed, causing a subtle shift in the figure on the bed. Hastily retreating to the couch, I was aware of being caught but still cast an eye towards the main door of Chan's room, where Hyunjin and Jisung now stood.

Chan, visibly annoyed, inspected his pants briefly before directing a displeased frown at the unwelcome intruders. Unperturbed by his disheveled state, Chan straightened up and returned to his array of bloody surgical tools, while I pretended to be fascinated by the wall beside me.

Hyunjin wore a smirk, barely holding back his laughter, while Jisung's expression mirrored regret as if he had caught his sister red-handed. Hyunjin addressed us, "Sorry to disturb your moment, but we've all been waiting for you two. It's been 5 minutes now."

Turning to me, Hyunjin couldn't resist a teasing comment, "I didn't think you would be doing such dirty things, Y/n." His words heightened my flustered state.

Without waiting for any retort, I rushed past the two boys, eager to escape the situation. In the background, Chan unleashed a barrage of insults, met with Hyunjin's laughter, as I descended the stairs. Entering the living room, I was met with curious glances, but I chose to ignore them, offering a simple smile as I took a seat in Chan's primary chair.

After enduring another 5 minutes of waiting, Chan was finally prepared to leave. Unbeknownst to me, Miss Peregrine had an old vintage car hidden in the garage. The increasing number of occupants in the mansion necessitated the division of the group into two.

Group 1 comprised Miss Peregrine, Minho, Changbin, Jisung, and Felix, while Group 2 consisted of Chan, myself, Hyunjin, Seungmin, and Jeongin.

The car ride unfolded in a peaceful and tranquil manner. My attention was consumed by the scenery outside the window, my eyes bright with wonder. Hyunjin engaged Jeongin in a game of 'I Spy With My Little Eyes,' and Seungmin immersed himself in a book, occasionally joining the game when Hyunjin stumbled on a challenging object.

Glancing back at Chan, his eyes focused on the road, the grin on his face hinted that he was aware of my scrutinizing gaze once again. Blushing, I redirected my attention to the passing landscape, intentionally ignoring the hand resting on my lap.