Story Time

Three days passed just like that.

Jisung and Minho still refused to talk to each other, mostly Jisung, as Minho did try to speak up with him, but Jisung wouldn't want to be in the same room as he was in. Understandably, Minho, too, didn't break into his temper, knowing that he deserved the treatment.

Chan got his laptop almost fixed. That's probably the greatest news, particularly for Jeongin. And I haven't commenced my training, still too frightened, but Jeongin said that we should start in a week anyway. The kid was keen on following Chan's order despite my idea of faking it to Chan.

Now, about that man. I have been coming in and out of Chan's room. Mostly for him to check on my condition with the tracker; the rest was mostly me wanting to be alone with him. Chan's presence was comfy and quiet, unlike the whole house, which I prefer more.

We don't talk much in the room.

He would always focus on his experiment or playing with his dead bodies. I would just watch and always find myself enjoying finding newly hidden things in his room, from a year-old skeleton hand under his bed that he had forgotten.

There were moments we would talk, but that would always lead to a little flirting from him and me rushing out of the room with a red face. Doubtless, he enjoys those reactions, while I loathe the way my heart would respond to them.

Right now, Miss Peregrine thought it would be a great idea to have a storytime. Chan is assembling on a single sofa with me on the armrest.

Beside us was the double sitter couch, but Minho, Jeongin, and Jisung were sitting on it, in that order. I can see both were jovial that Jeongin decided to sit in between them, but the younger was not, his face indicated how uncomfortable he is.

On the floor was the Changlix couple, with Changbin laying his head on Felix's lap, fiddling with his nails as Felix caressed his hair. The further couch had Seungmin and Hyunjin. They were having a small conversation while Hyunjin showed a few of his sketches of the day, waiting for Miss Peregrine to enter the living room.

When Miss Peregrine entered, she sat on a rocking chair by the fireplace. One hand held onto a tobacco pipe as she slowly rocked the chair, "Now children. I could not find any interesting stories, so who would like to tell us theirs?"

The room went quiet as everyone looked away from each other, especially away from Miss Peregrine, like a classroom filled with teenagers avoiding eyes with the teacher from being chosen.

I could hear how she let out a sigh of disappointment and frowned at the response given, "Ok then... Miss Hart, will you?" All eyes immediately fell on me, "Hm? Um, I don't really have any stories to share."

"Don't worry, child. Why don't you tell us a little about your past life."

Before I could deny her, Chan gave me a small nudge, making me stand up due to not wanting to fall on the hard carpet. Addressing him a small glare before walking next to Miss Peregrine. Everyone was now a little curious as they sat comfortably to hear my stories.

God, I feel like I'm back in kindergarten.