XI

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

Their dance ended and the aristocrats quickly gathered around the newly crowned Empress, mostly just to earn her favour.

"I say, the Imperial Family really are known for producing great rulers for our Empire, specifically the House of (L/n), your majesty."

"Your majesty, I further hope that our mighty Empire will prosper than ever before."

"Your majesty, if I may,"

(Y/n) smiled at the noblewoman and politely excused herself to turn to talk the nobleman who caught her attention.

She nodded and motioned him to continue.

"I would like to introduce, King Wharton the III and Prince Heinley of the Western Kingdom."

The nobleman bowed down his head and came in approached was the King and his brother, the Prince of the Western Kingdom.

She had heard of the King as he was coronated along with his Queen, Christa, a few months ago before her, she was there at his coronation but not at his coronation party.

Due to her having to leave so soon because of an emergency, that emergency being their enemy trope had crossed their border.

"It has been an honour to finally talk to you in person, your imperial serenity."

The Prince bowed and the King knelt down in front of her and she placed her hand on his and the male sovereign gave it small peck as courtesy.

As he stood up, (Y/n) grabbed her skirt and graciously bobbed a curtsy at him in return.

She smiled, "It is an honour to be in your presence as well, your royal majesty."

"I do hope that the Western Kingdom's royal family are enjoying themselves to this highly celebrated occasion."

King Wharton III laughed joyously, "I can assure you, that everyone from my kingdom are enjoying themselves to their heart's content."

"That is reassuring indeed." She gave him a small giggle that made the butterflies of a certain prince's stomach, flutter.

He caught her eyes though and he quickly looked away, (Y/n) inwardly was confused but she was merely amused nonetheless.

"Very well, I am looking forward to seeing both our nations' alliance grew stronger evermore, Empress (Y/n)."

"As do I, my King. For I certainly have no planning on tasting the Western Kingdom's wrath."

Well, not that the Western Kingdom was powerful really, might be in the past, but in the hands of King Wharton III's father and himself, the Kingdom doesn't even stand a slight chance against the Nevivon Empire.

The King nodded and bid her adieu before walking away with a blushing Prince trailing behind him.

(Y/n) sighed through her nose and walked towards a secluded area of the room. Surprisingly, no one had noticed her in doing so.

"He's adorable, wouldn't you say?"

"The King already has a Queen, you know. And if you're thinking about inducing a scandalous affair, I will—"

"Oh Piere, where on earth have you gotten such elusive thoughts."

The Duke's eyebrow twitched in irritation, "Elusive?"

It was a good thing that place was secluded or else someone might've heard their conversation and might've misunderstood it.

"Anyways, I didn't mean the King. I meant the Prince."

She took the champagne glass from Piere and took a small sip from it.

Which she didn't like, the taste wasn't all that bad, but she could vaguely still taste the bitterness in it.

And bitter wasn't her favourite taste.

"Prince Heinley, was it?"

Piere groaned and took the glass from her, he nodded at her statement. "Prince Heinley of the Western Kingdom, recently just turned 17. Same age as you."

She hummed and Duke Caldwell could tell that she smelled like mischief.

.

.

.

"Whatever you are planning, as your secretary, I advise you not to do it."