CXXVII

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”

(Y/n) pulled the blonde's seat and pushed it back gently after she was seated.

Navier still wasn't used to have a woman act so gentlemanly to her, but the (h/c)-nette has always been an odd one.

Once they were both seated, two servants came and one was pushing a silver cart towards them.

"For the first course of today's meal, we have served some mousse de saumon canapés."

A servant announced, as another servant set down the plates and opened the cloche cover revealing some yummy appetizers.

It was a small toasted bread that had ricotta spread all over it and some smoked salmon mousse was placed on top of it— having a bit of parsley to top it all off.

Of course, you can't have cheese without wine.

A butler poured both their glasses with some sweet red wine. Then they the servants left after they had fulfilled their duties.

"Is his majesty not joining us today, again?"

Her tone had a hint of worry in them as she looked at (Y/n) with a concerned glance, "I worry that we might making him feel left out."

The latter inwardly groaned, feeling somewhat jealous that she had her focus on the ravennette.

Even if he did treated her rudely, she still cares for him. Be it him being an Emperor or not.

"Unfortunately," She started.

"His physician told me he couldn't join us for today, again. He said that his majesty has a massive headache, and he was advised to stay in bed for the rest of the day."

But before Navier can stand up to go check on him, the foreign woman was quick with her words.

"The physician also told me to make sure we'll leave him alone today, for he feared that we might catch his fever."

Disappointment was evident on her face, and (Y/n) clenched her hands in dismay.

"Let's not used this day fretting about him. It's your birthday, we should be celebrating." She offered her a smile but the blonde still felt hesitant about it.

"But it feels just wrong with his majesty," She sighed, "Apologize, but I'm just not used on not having him around during my birthday."

Navier gave her a small sad smile, and the (h/c)-nette nodded her head in understanding.

"I understand, Navi. But, there's no helping it now."

She may have successfully earned some alone time with the blonde but the latter's focus wasn't on her.

And she hated that, she was jealous.

"Anyway, let's continue on with our day, shall we? I'm sure once you have your cake, you will be all cheers and smiles."

The Eastern Empress slowly nodded her head, she was right. Today was her birthday, she shouldn't be all glum on the day of her birth.

Besides, it might be nice to catch some break after the whole ordeal with Sovieshu and his mistress.

"Alright."

Hours later, they both walked around the garden and enjoyed the many lovely sights. The garden was lavish and it clearly had been taken care of properly.

The bushes, the green grass were all trimmed to a perfection, as the flowers dance in their quiet tune along with the wind.

"The former Empress really loves her garden, doesn't she?"