LII

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"Your majesty..."

"I know..."

(Y/n) stared at the scene in front of her.

The Grand Duke and the Prince of the Western Kingdom were glaring daggers at each other.

No words were spoken but their eyes already said plenty.

How did it come to this?

She has no idea.

Honestly, the moment she was done preparing for their venture to the Eastern Empire, she was already met with the sight in front of her.

(Y/n) let out a nervous chuckle, not knowing what to do at the moment.

"Your majesty, everything is already set and ready. It's time for you to ride in the carriage with his highness, Prince Heinley.

The (h/c)-nette smiled and nodded, "Alright."

She then approached them, their mood and expression hastily changing into a breathable mood, but the tough tension still lingered.

"Your majesty!"

"Your majesty."

Both simultaneously greeted, bowing down their heads, respectfully. With (Y/n) giving out and nervous smile and a nod of acknowledgement.

Heinley took her hand in his and gave it a small peck, the Grand Duke Kaufman merely gave him a vague— dirty look.

"You're looking as exquisite as ever, my Empress."

The Prince hummed and (Y/n) giggled at his compliment. Seeing this, the Duke cleared his throat.

To which interrupted their little moment.

"Ah, and how are you doing, Grand Duke?" (Y/n) asked, slowly taking her hand back from the Prince, much to his dismay and to Kaufman's delight.

"I'm as fine as I can be, your majesty."

"Did you enjoy your stay?"

The albino nodded, a small smile appeared on his lips, "It was a fantastic stay, I do hope I get to stay here again."

"Well, you are always welcome here in my Empire, my dear Grand Duke Kaufman."

And a small dust of red danced on his cheeks, the (h/c)-nette could've sworn her chest felt warmer than usual.

It was Heinley's turn to loudly clear his throat, taking her hand once again and leading her to their assigned carriage.

"I believe it is time for us to go, Empress. The coachman might get angry at us if we dawdle any longer."

She nodded, turning her head to face the Duke for the last time and smiled.

"We shall be off now, Duke Kaufman."

"Of course, your majesty."

She then turned her heel and let the Western Prince guide her towards their carriage, leaving the foreign Duke to the hands of her secretary— whom he was assigned to ride a carriage with.

"Really? The Emperor was angry with the Empress because of Rashta?"

The concubine whirled around to face her maid as she was done getting dressed by her other servants.

"I think so. They were shouting at the top of their voices."

One of her maids, Cherily, gave out a bitter smile, recalling the time when she heard a voice shouting from the Empress' chambers.

Rashta covered her face with her hand, her was turning bright red and her eyes gleamed in joy.

"Wow…the Emperor is incredible…"

Kisu, another maid of hers, added, "Not only that, but he declared a strict punishment to anyone who brings up the false rumor that you’re a runaway slave."

She could feel her eyes brimmed with tears, seeing how her maids were blurry in her vision.

"The Emperor really loves you, Miss Rashta."

"Yes..."

Her timid and flustered behaviour made her maids let out an endearing chuckles.

"Well, how could anyone not love someone so beautiful and innocent?"

They nodded, "The Emperor and Rashta are like lovers in fairy tales."

"It really is like a fairy tale."

Rashta let out a few girlish giggles of her own, "Rashta is so happy these days. I feel like I’m dreaming every day."

She paused for a moment when she heard a knock on the door. The maids noticed her confused expression and smiled at her.

"And that's not all, my lady."

The servants entered her room and brought a seemingly extravagant chair.

"This is—?"

"His majesty, the Emperor, especially made a chair just for you! He also said that you can sit here without going to the western palace."

The chair looked nothing like the chair from the Empress' garden, unlike the nest like appearance from the other—

The one the Emperor had sent was more luxurious looking and was adorned with multiple jewels, it was also made out of gold.

"!"

Rashta squeezed the pillow she was holding tightly and let out an endearing squeal, which made all of her servants chuckle at her adorable behaviour.

"Oh, my! His majesty is so gallant...!"

That night, Rashta dreamt of a wonderful dream, smiling all the while as she slept.

Navier laid down on her bed, staring emptily at the ceiling. She was feeling slightly numb after what had happened with Sovieshu.

"!"

It was when she heard a rapping sound on her windows that earned her full attention.

"Squawk—"

A loud squawk made her immediately stood up and see what was up.

She opened her windows and was surprised to see her bird friend.

"Queen... You've returned more quickly this time." The bird fluttered its wings and flew past her, making her look a little bit bemused.

"Queen?"

Queen then plopped and rolled itself on her bed, seeing how it was acting, Navier couldn't help but chuckle.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think that this was your room."

The bird laid down on its back, letting her pet its feathery belly, earning a few pleasing tweets from it.

"Did your master send you on an errand this late in the evening?"

She untied the letter that was tied to its leg, the letter reads:

"As you wish, the bird's name shall be "Queen." A fitting name for a female bird."

"Oh, my."

She placed the letter down and picked up Queen on her lap, "I suppose my guess about your gender was right."

The large (f/c) bird happily flapped its wings, Navier let out a joyous chuckle as it— now she, did so.

"What a lucky guess~"

.

.

.

"Coo!"