LXXX

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

The Emperor of the Blue Bohean approached the blonde next.

"Thank you for coming, your majesty."

"Please come and see Rashta tomorrow. Thank you for coming tonight, your majesty."

Rashta suddenly appeared beside her and began bidding the guests off as well. Emperor Sirim looked confused and he answered in a stammering tone.

"Uh...yes."

Once he was gone, Rashta turned to look at Navier with a puzzled expression.

"What is it, sister?"

"..."

What was she doing? Was she trying to bid the guests off? Or was she just playing around?

"Oh!" She immediately straightened herself up and looked as formal as she could.

"Grand Duke Kaufman, will you be coming tomorrow's special banquet?" Rashta— who usually spoke in a bright and cheery voice— spoke in a soft and gentle yet deep voice.

Catching the blonde off guard. She could feel a small shiver ran down her spine as the silver-nette spoke in sudden change of tone.

'She's imitating me?'

"..."

The Grand Duke merely looked between her and the concubine before silently passing by the two of them.

Her emerald coloured eyes eyed him until his figure disappeared when he turned around a corner and that's when she spoke.

"Rashta."

The said woman perked up at the mention of her name and she beamed.

"Yes, your majesty?"

Her voice changed again and that look on her face wasn't the same betrayed looking one back in the dining room.

"I was going to ask this after the New Year's ceremony, but I'll ask you now since you're here."

"What is it?"

She turned around to fully face her, "Why have you been lying and telling other people that I sent you a gift?"

"Lie?"

Rashta lifted her eyebrow in confusion, "Why am I have been lying? It's true that you sent me a gift to welcome me as his majesty's mistress."

"I don't know how such a misunderstanding occurred, but I've never sent you any gift."

Her doe like eyes stared at her dolefully, she pressed her lips before speaking, "What do you mean? Are you still angry because Rashta said she wrote the letters…?"

Rashta clasped her hands together as tears started to form in her eyes and Navier merely stared at her in silence.

"But Viscountess Verdi said the Empress would never come forward. In fact, she would the Empress would be embarrassed by this. So I didn’t mean anything. I was only trying to play."

Ah, so she knows it her and that Viscountess Verdi did take part in her little lie.

"Play?"

"And I helped you, too, your majesty."

"You helped me?"

The silver haired woman's looked ready to stream down her face again.

"You didn’t want anyone else to know you were the letter friend. Why are you always so scary to Rashta?"